Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Respawn in custom made missions

could someone plese explain how to make it possibly to revive in a custom made multiplayer mission???....were haveing some trouble in this area in our online play missions....thankyou

I don't understand what you're asking but I'll move it to MP smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 10 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't understand what you're asking but I'll move it to MP smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

He's asking about how to add respawn to custom missions, so move it to ME tounge.gif

exactly...so how is this done?....i'll try the search using respawn as key word to see if that brings anything up...i was using "rervive" in search..it was a no go

Neo LMAO yeah I suddenly thought so too after leaving it to translate in my head for a while smile.gif

Moving to ME then I'll edit the topic title.

hmmmmmm....this needs more explaination i think...what are these "markers"...and where does this text go?...do you attach it somewhere?....a step by step tutorial is needed here as it seems only to address the problen at a certain point....all we want to do is to be able to respawn on both sides of our multiplayer mission until the resourses run out....last man standing sorta thing...ie...we both start with 12 men....as we get killed ...we jump to the next man in line...until all the red side for example is terminated...the reason being that its a pain to have to restart the mission once 1 of 2 players is killed...anyone able to elaborate on this mission edit???...we need it for our EWAR...which is tying 3 sims together ...falcon4...subcommand....and opflash...falcon being the master map for the conflict

That's about the worst 'tutorial' on adding respawn -- it doesn't even mention the various forms of respawn that exist.

I'd go HERE instead, and download Abuu's Basic Editing Tutorial or The "How To Do Everything" Manual.

I can add a little in this area, as I've done it a few times, plus it's much better than weeding through those tutorials and "everything in one" documents. You wanna make a group multi where you respawn in another player in your group? Here's what to do:

Start up the mission editor, and make sure it's in 'advanced' mode. Look up in the right top corner, and where it says 'easy', click on it and change it to 'advanced'. You might not even need it for this quick and dirty group multispawn tutorial, but it's good to have it set that way anyway.

Click on the group button(top row) and double-click on the map(I use the intro-island for all testing as it's faster to load). Choose a west infantry group.

Now you should see the infantry group on the map. Zoom in(mouse wheel) and double-click on the officer. Change him from non-playable(look around...it's there) to playable(not player). You will get an error message about there not being a player selected...just ignore it.

Now create another group on the map...an east infantry group, and make the officer in that group playable.

Now save the mission(it defaults to the user missions directory).

Get out of the game completely.

Open up notepad and type this in(or cut and paste from here):

respawn="group"

respawndelay=5;

Save this file as description.ext(make sure your operating system doesn't name it description.ext.txt), and put it in your user directory within the mission folder you saved while in the editor as such:

if your name is JoeBlo, you will find it in the Operation Flashpoint\users\JoeBlo\missions\nameofmission directory. Put the description.ext there.

Then go back into the mission editor and load up the mission, click on save, and click on where it says 'user mission' and choose 'export to multiplayer mission' instead.

Now you MUST get out of the editor and start up a multiplayer server, and start up the game. You will have 2 choices; start as a west officer, or an east officer. When you die, you will be placed in control of one of your subordinates.

Enjoy!

PS- if you want to further modify your mission, you must delete the mission from your Operation Flashpoint\MPmissions directory before you can save another one. At least that's the way it use to be...don't know if it still is.