Sign in to follow this  
Cr4z33

Helicopters in the Alpha?

We going to get a jet? I love jets and would be heart broken if they are not included!

I hope that the MBT's are in the alpha ... T-100 Wuhaaa :bounce3: and may the Awesom Opfor Helo (the big Havoc like Bird)

If I'm not mistaken RiE confirmed earlier today that tanks would not be in the initial alpha release. I'll attempt to find the source on that.

Also, I believe he said no attack helicopters, but I also want to say there was word of at least a single one. There is going to be non-attack though.

Edit:

From another thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147160-Will-there-be-any-fixed-wing-aircraft-in-the-first-release-of-the-Alpha&p=2311720&viewfull=1#post2311720

The Alpha is a very limited subset of content, which doesn't include fixed-wing aircraft. Other 'big' things that are (currently) unavailable are tracked vehicles (i.e. tanks, artillery), attack helicopters (i.e. hamoks), static weapon and all support vehicles (i.e. fuel, ammo, repair).

The initial release of the alpha is pretty much infantry focused, and even then, it's a limited sub-set. It's missing, for example, anti-materiel rifles, dedicated AT and AA weapons (a simple one-launcher-to-lock-them all is our best current compromise, but does not, thankfully, represent our final intentions).

That being said, included are the MRAPs and the light helicopter, so there are some basic tools at our disposal for putting missions together. I'd emphasise again: we're starting off quite limited, and are adding as we go along up until release.

Best,

RiE

Edited by WackyIraqi
Updated source information

Damn no Tanks :( i love my tanks! Ah well, suppose i'll play around with the infantry and stuff until they get added at a later date. :)

thx for info @ WackyIraqi

than yeah i will play with the Fennek ^^ ( dont tell me he is also not in^^ )

HOTAS like the X52 will be supported right?

Yay!