Since the other forums have been down for a couple of days I'll post an update of the motorcycle I'm creating.

Hmm... Need a higher post count to link to the models / pics.

The textures are nearing a stage where I feel they are complete. Panzer Baron hasn't been around for a few days so I've not been able to check with him if they are up to scratch. A few weeks ago I recreated all the LOD models, and since I'm not in to work for another 2-3 hours :yay: I'll try and get them into the Arma engine today. No promises though.

I love it, hope will see it ingame soon (well, i know it doesn't depend on you only ;))

I finally managed to get the headlight to work correctly, so here is a video in Arma 2. If there is any interest I could also do a day time one to show off the new textures.

Pretty much everything is ready for iron front. They have different player models / animations so ignore the way people sit / ride. I also don't have access to the machine gun proxies

This is the German Grey, they stopped painting it in this is 42 or 43, but I think it looks better than the yellow they used in 44. There is however the yellow skin, Russian and USA all ready, just need to get them in game.

Good luck. Looks like a decent start.

Do you plan on making it available for ArmA2 as well?

I do have an MG-34 that'd look good mounted on this one and a whole mod it would fit nicely into :P

Seriously though, is it scratch-made by you or? I read about renaming/recreating/reconverting, and I'm a bit confused as to it. Thx

Yes all made by me. If the other forums go live again you can see the progress. I did a texture set before this one and got it in game on the models, and as you know the arma engine uses paa files that I needed to convert to. I had also redone all my LODS, and as such all the vertex groups needed to be named correctly.

I've not thought too much about releasing it on arma 2. Being a modern game it won't really fit unless used with the i44 mod, but they already have a motorbike or two in there. It wouldn't take much more effort, though I would need to get the proxies sorted (since IF used its own models I figured it would be pointless getting them perfect here).

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing the previous progress reports once the forums are up again.

I have asked the question because - as already mentioned - I'm working on a 1939 mod, where a R71 would fit perfectly. Waxbutter did gave me permission to use the i44 bike, but it's a R75 which does not fit early WW2 months. So it's pretty much useles for us.

I do have mlods of both the R71 and an even more fitting R12 that I'd really like to use once being given permission from the original author. While they're older works from an OperationFlashpoint:Liberation41-45 mod they definately have more detail in the engine area.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8508/r12r71.jpg (353 kB)

On the other hand, they would require tremendous amount of work to make them full fledged A2 addons. Hence my thinking out loud and asking after seeing your model already functional ingame ;)

Ok, not attempting to hijack the thread. Looking forward to see what comes next. A daylight presentation will also be welcomed, since you already offered ;)

Keep it up, cheers.

Edited by topas

I'll record a daylight version at some point tomorrow, about to play Iron front here. As for using it in your mod I've currently got no objections to you using it assuming I am credited somewhere and releasing it in one place (IF44 or your mod) doesn't prevent me from releasing it elsewhere.

As promised I've recorded a daytime video which should eventually be available in 1080

I think when I get the chance I'll work on getting in all the other Skinned versions, it shouldn't take me more than a day (I think). Hopefully the old forums will be back at that point, though I'll keep this page updated as well.

Hey A.Fudge nice work!

But the official Iron front forums are gone for good, they have been deleted and Iron front has been shutdown but not by Awar.

Anyways the community is still alive, smaller then it was but Tay-Uk has created an Unofficial Iron Front forum for the IF community to do its thing at, and

we are slowly getting it built up with all the stuff we had on the official forums.

Forums can be found here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/

The members on the forum are growing quickly, just on Friday alone we only had about 22 members, we are at 37 today!, so the word is getting out.

Currently there is a project under way but i will be posting a thread for it soon here, hope to see your addon released for IF, and to see you on the new forums.