188 members have voted

1. 1. When Are you buying the game?

• The minute Alpha is Available
    • The day Alpha is Available
    • Once it's in Beta
    • When it's Finished
    • Gonna play it first then decide
    • Other

Beagle brings up a great point. TBH, I'll probably (95.99%) purchase the Alpha on March 5th, because I have no impulse control :P , but I'm sure most people aren't out ready to purchase the Alpha to help BI fix the bugs they report.

This is a good point, no doubt there will be a number of those who purchase half expecting a complete version, those who have no concept of what an Alpha version actually is.. as long as you go in knowing its an unfinished product which can only get better (or sometimes worse) then you your expectations shouldn't become shattered :) of course, not everybody wants or has the patience for unfinished products, but I for one do.

I'll buy the DVD when it's released to retailers.

Gonna play it first then decide

I wonder what that means? :eek:

I'll buy the DVD when it's released to retailers.

I wonder what that means? :eek:

That means he will try the Alpha Lite first...

Where is the "not buying" option? Clearly that poll was made by a fanboy not accepting that people not buying "his game".

I was looking forward to Arma3 after I tried to get into ArmA which was full of bugs and Arma 2 isn't any better. But I not accept that people must Steam for running the game. Seems like BI now finally goes mainstream and forcing its customers like the other "big players".

Will observe this for some time but as for now I doubt that I will like Steam enough just to be able running Arma 3.

ASAP.

BTW, it's written "purchased onpen march 5", but do we have an idea about the hour?

00.01? or later? like 08.00?

ASAP.

BTW, it's written "purchased onpen march 5", but do we have an idea about the hour?

00.01? or later? like 08.00?

Here is another question.

Does it get released in all countries at the same time ?

I'll buy it the day it comes out. Only because I have extra cash that I don't intend to use on anything else. (Since you know, other games are beginning to become boring compared to the vast amount of gameplay choices that ArmA has) Unfortunately this will push my purchase of TrackIR to a later date but it will be worth it. On the bright side I already use Steam a ton so I don't mind that they are making Steam a requirement.

i'm not interested to buy arma 2.15 (oa was 2.1, toh was 2.2) when developers cut all the features that distinguish their next game from previous ones, like:

3d editor

flight model

weapon resting (ah wait they didn't introduce it for 10 years while community were making it all over again for each new game)

claiming that they lack resources and using this excuse to cut down features and possibly a3 team, while they literaly stinking in money from a2 co.

for me all of this look like they abandoned arma 3 for the sake of dayz and now want to grab some cash by throwing unfinished leftovers of a3 on steam.

meh. for once i'm really dissapointed in bis.

Edited by n7snk

weapon resting (ah wait they didn't introduce it for 10 years while community were making it all over again for each new game)

Why should they spend time developing something that can be modded in easily?

claiming that they lack resources and using this excuse to cut down features

Lacking resources is a valid reason to cut down features, not an excuse.

while they literaly stinking in money from a2 co.

Money does not equal faster or better development. Money is necessary, but it doesn't make your game better.

Read this interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/28/czech-out-bohemia-talk-arma-3-alpha/

You're acting like you know exactly what it's like to work at BIS, and like you have any valid input on the decisions they had to make.