Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Karzeghistani Defence Forces (Shapur Conflict)

gonna pause modding this mod due a reasonable reason which is, insufficient resources, as what I mean by that is models, I myself can't model which simply will make the mod kinda be shitty with overused models which were mostly used multiple times, sadly I have no time to learn 3d modelling... I am not sure when I will return but please mods do not lock this.

Thats sad to hear, could you clarify what you mean by insufficient resources? Do you mean lack of armoured units?

Thats sad to hear, could you clarify what you mean by insufficient resources? Do you mean lack of armoured units?

3d models

Oy, now that's quite a demotivating dillemma there! :( Sorry to hear it puts a break on your effort, but understandable.

Its hard to create something unique, where others perhaps don't wish to give you the greenlight to go ahead and texture their made models.. :(

But I won't mind if you make do with "less" (overused) permitted models, as long as it has a Nato/"western" theme for the range of vehicles and equipment. :)

I know it has been done before, and you likely don't want to be one of those doing that yet again, but something is better then nothing. Yet I wish you luck with the effort.

But remember, whatever you do, there is only one single attempt at the Karzeghistan armed forces, and that is yours. Nobody else but you and Slatts have tried that so far.

So whatever comes out of the hat, it's fine with me. I'm happy with any sort of release, be it top-notch models, exclusively permitted, or the more "standard norm" models widely available.

Please just don't be too harsh on yourself, and too picky over the stuff.. You try/tried to get permission, if it's not given then it's perhaps sorry, but you tried. Not much else you can do... And then that's okay.

Just to let you know.. Have a nice time off the hook, and take care!

3d models

Well as a suggestion how about using the M113 and M60A3, i know these have been overdone. But i know slatts was working on an UpArmoured One, perhaps that could be used with an M60A3?

Slowly coming back... Decided to re-texture everything making the texture look nicer in seamless way and colors which were a bit too dark especially on the desert camo here are some screenshots:

arma2oa2013071615093.png

NAF Paratrooper and KDF Soldier, two allies fighting against evil!

arma2oa2013071615114.png

arma2oa2013071615115.png

334arma2oa2013071615115.png

arma2oa2013071615120.png

arma2oa2013071615121.png

arma2oa2013071615122.png

Mods pardon me for another post so quickly but can't add that many pictures into one post as I would of edit the one above me :)

Light Infantry Soldier's together with my beloved Beret <3 which I still position correctly! The humid soldier is moved to Light Infantry as well.

arma2oa2013071713021.png

arma2oa2013071713024.png

arma2oa2013071713025.png

arma2oa2013071713032.png

e07arma2oa2013071713032.png

It did take me a bit of time as I decided to create an artificial clothing stitches which you can see below in the picture.

arma2oa2013071713051.png

Great Screenshots, love the textures :)

Edited by R0adki11

Great Screenshots, love the textures :)

Thanks alltho the stitches might be a bit off from where they would of be, was hard to do it since I was doing it with all the textures applied making it hard to see the stitches lines >.<

EDIT:

Here comes the rozzers! National Karzeghistani Police Forces currently got two guys to show:

7a9arma2oa2013071722072.png

arma2oa2013071722072.png

arma2oa2013071722075.png

arma2oa2013071722082.png

arma2oa2013071722083.png

arma2oa2013071722085.png

arma2oa2013071722090.png

And yah the guy with a cap has an ugly texture on those pouches, do not fear I already changed his texture but too lazy to get another pic atm :P

And the hat indeed has a bit crappy texture look on it due I cant get to make UV map out of this even tho I managed to do it once as it had its first appearance in the Epirotes mod I was working on >.< For the guy with a helmet on and russian vest ((the officer with helmet)) credit for the re-texture goes to Rellikki.

Edited by Sakai

Seems like another post :P I hope I wont be hang for it >.<

Anyways, the NKP has just received a gift from its government! As the reforms are in work to remove any old soviet equipment from the Government Agencies and Military the Karzeghistani Government has purchased Smith & Wesson 659 for its National Police which replaces the old rusty Makarov.

134arma2oa2013071815012.png

bearma2oa2013071815005.png

50barma2oa2013071815010.png

And a video preview of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTbP60Z7tvQ

Oh and here is the fixed texture of the pouches on standard police officer! Reason why they have differ color is rather simple... Different material different company.

arma2oa2013071816414.png And indeed the NKP will use M/45, its light and easy to use.

If I would of have someone who knows how to texture guns in the team I would of bring some pretty nice SMG's to the NPK and the Armed Forces :P But sadly non!

Edited by Sakai

Nice looking units Sakai! Last time around I used the M/45 on Slatts' alpha release 'Karzeghistani Defence Forces', and both me, plus AI had to empty half a magazine to kill a single soldier at 100 up to 300 meter distance away.

Thus isn't that gun a bit underpowered to be used as last-resort defence weapon? I know submachineguns are close-range weapons and all that. (like for clearing indoors..) But Arma is an outdoors-gameplay world.. So range is often further then an SMG's reach.)

However, the M/45 and the S&W do make for funny close combat situations. As in: Police stands close to (or amongst) the people. More close then the military, which ought to have longer range weaponry.

Their current given police weapons prove that to be a fact. :D

And as for your Karzeghistani mod's usage as a whole, personally speaking, I would like to see it used in the '18th Gvardeyskaya Motostrelki' clan, supposedly consisting of South Zagorian (emigrant) draftees in Karzeghistani service.

That way your stuff is actually being used. Otherwise why make a mod, if nearly nobody is going to use it? Same thing sadly happened to R0adki11's NAF mod... :(

So what are your thoughts about it, regarding the 18th GMR? Or do you wish to keep the 18th purely South Zagorian? In the end any decision is yours ofcourse, and I will respect that. :) Though I would love to see the newly created stuff actually being put to use. :D

Nice looking units Sakai! Last time around I used the M/45 on Slatts' alpha release 'Karzeghistani Defence Forces'' date=' and both me, plus AI had to empty half a magazine to kill a single soldier at 100 up to 300 meter distance away.

Thus isn't that gun a bit underpowered to be used as last-resort defence weapon? I know submachineguns are close-range weapons and all that. (like for clearing indoors..) But Arma is an outdoors-gameplay world.. So range is often further then an SMG's reach.)

However, the M/45 and the S&W do make for funny close combat situations. As in: Police stands close to (or amongst) the people. More close then the military, which ought to have longer range weaponry.

Their current given police weapons prove that to be a fact. :D

And as for your Karzeghistani mod's usage as a whole, personally speaking, I would like to see it used in the '18th Gvardeyskaya Motostrelki' clan, supposedly consisting of South Zagorian (emigrant) draftees in Karzeghistani service.

That way your stuff is actually being used. Otherwise why make a mod, if nearly nobody is going to use it? Same thing sadly happened to R0adki11's NAF mod... :(

So what are your thoughts about it, regarding the 18th GMR? Or do you wish to keep the 18th purely South Zagorian? In the end any decision is yours ofcourse, and I will respect that. :) Though I would love to see the newly created stuff actually being put to use. :D[/quote']

Sorry ladie, KDF is pure angel inside, they are on the BLUFOR side. And your question to why make a mod.... Because its fun, we addon makers have fun when we do it, be it when people don't watch your addons or reply to them for me I still have fun creating this. :')

Either way the NPK has a new gun that arrived replacing the old AK47S the NPK units like Armed Response Unit and Tactical Anti-Threat & Terrorism Unit (TATTU) will now be using HK G33 which is a G3 but chambered in 5.56 NATO

WgDhvL.png

FjrV4E.png

2RYPZe.png

And the HKG33 will be having variants with scopes as well, ofc not forgetting silenced version!

BM6XI9.png

And the Light Infantry has been given MG3!

8ikfym.png

nMlFyH.png

It is yet unknown what MG the standard infantry will be getting, rumour say FN MAG's will be purchased or the old soviet PKM will be modified and modernized to use 7.62 NATO under Zastava license.

well another update! Right now I present you the T.A.T.T.U aka Tactical Anti-Threat & Terrorism Unit! for the NPK

J5yiBg.png

7ayYWG.png

POnoCa.png

Gi4q2D.png

The camouflage they have is a connection of Urban and Desert together, what I might do is use this camo on the soldiers beside the desert which looks rather well uncoloured colors so what I mean I might switch the desert for the urban desert which is still efficient!

Oh and this is what a small squad of Light Infantry soldiers and few T.A.T.T.U units have done to 6 squads of Takistani Republican Militia and 4 technical

OCFMqm.png not the whole battlezone xD

A major edit to the units, soldiers now use the New urban desert camouflage together with woodland on vest and helmet just like the old one did and presenting you first show of the paratrooper!

XyIJww.png

Hfa7yq.png

DRsfab.png

E68w8x.png

pRNRFP.png - Still under work, I plan to take this small pouch off and re-texture the other pouch to use woodland camo as well as the goggles to have texture on them. This is the paratrooper, will be given a beret indeed.

Presenting you with a O2-A by pookie in the Karzeghistani Air Force camouflage!

nmkFWp.png

LbRP6V.png

nsnbky.png

VxBJtz.png

Closer look at the paratrooper with the helmet - zK0TiH.png

This is some very good and creative work you've done here. Have you had any luck with finding more resources as of late?

I know your busy with real life and all that Sakai, but I was wondering if you're still working on this beautiful modification? And as Hawksby asks, indeed, do things succeed for you as far as permissions go? Anyways, good luck with all of it, both in modifying and real life.