Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Missing addon, bmp2

No idea what causes this, but yesterday I was with my buddies playing a user made mission in MP (Resistance) and everybody got this message when the map loaded, "Missing addons, bmp2". There wasn't any unoffical addons in the map but still we all got this message. Good thing was that this message didn't effect our gaming in any way. Strange.

Then I made my own server without any unoffical addons, and I still got that message, but once again it didn't do anything.

Open your mission in mission editor and than save it again. Everything will be ok.

Are all of the addons introduced in 1.30 (Humvee, BRDM, M2A2, BMP2, G-36 etc.) compatible/used in Resistance?

yep, i we got that bug too.

the weird thing is: we played the map yesterday and everything worked fine.... then i updated the map today, exported it and the message appeared.

one other guy had the same bug.... when he saved his mission TODAY  confused.gif

the bmp isnt used in the map, even no unofficial addons.

i opened up the mission.sqm and looked for it. the only required addons would be "ah64" and "bis_resistance"

Open your mission in mission editor and than save it again. Everything will be ok."

sry, but that doesnt work at all.... the bug is stil there

hm is there any kind of "sunday-bug" in ofp 1.91? wink.gif

seriously: i´m really curious about the source of that bug

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ Feb. 09 2003,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep, i we got that bug too.

the weird thing is: we played the map yesterday and everything worked fine.... then i updated the map today, exported it and the message appeared.

one other guy had the same bug.... when he saved his mission TODAY  confused.gif

the bmp isnt used in the map, even no unofficial addons.

i opened up the mission.sqm and looked for it. the only required addons would be "ah64" and "bis_resistance"

Open your mission in mission editor and than save it again. Everything will be ok."

sry, but that doesnt work at all.... the bug is stil there

hm is there any kind of "sunday-bug" in ofp 1.91? wink.gif

seriously: i´m really curious about the source of that bug<span id='postcolor'>

Just got this bug in mission Comanche Attack II (Snow) of my Quanah Parker Mission Pack.

I'm pretty sure it never occurred before. Only change made was replacing the old DKM Comanche with the new.

The mission does reference addons AshBMPsnow and AshBMP2snow, incorporated in Kegetys' Winter Nogojev Island addon.

confused.gif

I encoutered this problem recently and I think there is no problem with missions (got it on missions with only official adds too), but rather is related to particular addons even if the mission doesn't use them. Some of the addons causing this problem are Ash Snow vehicles, MFCTI1.0 or csla. But the weird thing is that it started about week ago, not before, not even after installing 1.91 patch. Spooky. crazy.gif

i figured out how to solve it:

open your mission.sqm file in your wordpad or windows editor and simply write "bmp2" into the addonlist on top of the document.

that fixed it for me .... pretty wierd, huh?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ Mar. 10 2003,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i figured out how to solve it:

open your mission.sqm file in your wordpad or windows editor and simply write "bmp2" into the addonlist on top of the document.

that fixed it for me .... pretty wierd, huh?<span id='postcolor'>

DUH! crazy.gif

That resolves the problem but doesn't explain it.

I encounter this problem a lot when designing missions.

What often happens when using addons is the addon isn't placed in the sqm file so an error displays when the mission is loading.

The way around it is to place it in manually.

Sometimes it even happens when I use weapons like the silenced glock in missions, the message "Missing addon bis_resistance" or "bis_weaponpack" if you add these manually it works.

Annoying error but I can deal with it for now, I'm sure the BIS guys have something they are already working on biggrin.gif

Ya we all get this bug a lot in missions on MP. A lot of times it's something like the KLR Motorcycle they say is mission. Yet it is not used in the mission.

So sometimes we jsut mess around (Especially if the map maker is there just to rag with him). Say thigns like:

"Missing addons : Straps and Dildos"

Then just rag with the maker like "DUDE WHAT ARE YOU PUTTING IN THESE MISSIONS MAN!" biggrin.gif

Doesn't explain it but that's my little story for tonight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Mar. 11 2003,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya we all get this bug a lot in missions on MP.  A lot of times it's something like the KLR Motorcycle they say is missing.  Yet it is not used in the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

At least everyone has the BMP2 addon file. When the missing addon message, however, is for a user addon, distributing such a mission with the addon declared might make the mission or a cutscene unplayable to others who don't have the addon.

I have yet to see a case reported where these messages for BIS made addons pop up when OFP is started with nothing but the original addons.

Like the missing KLR message, it always appears to be an unofficial addon that is triggering the missing BMP2 message.

Is it indeed Winter Kogojev, with Ash's Arctic Armor included, in my case? Who knows! Would be nice if Kegetys could confirm this one way or the other.

Is it a combination of that and maybe another addon at the same time? I haven't the slightest idea. I do know that I didn't encounter this with the same mission until I relaced the DKM Comanche with the new version.