Sign in to follow this  
Bishop

Arma 2 OA Server (mission won't load)

Hello, I'm currently using a game server from NFOservers.com, the default server.cfg would load up the generic Arma 2 OA missions (ex. Steel Panthers). I'm trying to figure out how to just get started, is it possible to simply load a blank map onto your server with no mission? If so, how? Currently my server appears but the mission won't load, I'm not sure what to look for in the server log or if I'm even looking at the right log (via my control panel at NFOservers). I'd like to know what is causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Here is my servers current server config;

"// Server Config Generated by Tophes Arma 2 Dedicated Server Tool

hostName = "servername";

password = "serverpassword";

passwordAdmin = "adminpass";

maxPlayers = 10;

logFile = "logfile_console.log";

voteThreshold = 0.33;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;

reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

timeStampFormat = "None";

motd[] = {};

motdInterval = 3;

vonCodecQuality = 3;

disableVoN = 0;

kickduplicate = 1;

verifySignatures = 1;

persistent = 0;

BattlEye = 1;

doubleIdDetected = "";

onUserConnected = "";

onUserDisconnected = "";

onHackedData = "";

onDifferentData = "";

onUnsignedData = "";

regularCheck = "";

class Missions

{

class Mission1

{

template = "Wasteland_v1db.Chernarus";

difficulty="regular";

};

};"

Omit the quotations at the beginning and the end as they are not part of the servers config. As I mentioned the server starts with this configuration, I can see it and join but the mission will not load.

At the top do I need to remove the // Tophe's etc? or just the //? Do I need specific add-ons to run Tonic's Wasteland? (Wasteland_v1db.Chernarus). Also I have 'not' set start-up parameters in arma2oa.exe, I read that you're meant to and Tophe's creates a notepad with start up params but I think that's for if you're hosting a ded server on your own machine or am I mistaken?

Edited by Bishop
Further description of issue

Hi Bishop Welcome to BIS forums,

I admined a NFO server for a couple of years before. to answer your questions:

is it possible to simply load a blank map onto your server with no mission?

What would be the point? to test?

The answer is no because if you were wanting to get onto the map, you would need to add a player.

Loading a blank map would still require the game to load an mission.sqm file, and that being a pbo'd mission.

Now you dont need anything on the mission, but i suggest just going in the editor, double click and hit enter, this will add a player unit.

Save, name your mission, and then export to mp, from there upload to your servers mpmissions folder.

Load the mission from the list and then choose the unit and hop ingame, the mission/map should load.

Overall it looks as everything else is ok.

As for the mission your actually trying to run the Wasteland_v1db.Chernarus

You really dont need this:

class Missions

{

class Mission1

{

difficulty="regular";

};

};"

I would suggest removing the code as you can choose the mission from the list without it having to be in a automatic load.

I would suggest asking on the wasteland thread itself:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140070-TVT-CO-55-Wasteland

but for the server, look for the server's RPT.

Hi Bishop Welcome to BIS forums,

I admined a NFO server for a couple of years before. to answer your questions:

What would be the point? to test?

I would suggest removing the code as you can choose the mission from the list without it having to be in a automatic load.

I would suggest asking on the wasteland thread itself:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140070-TVT-CO-55-Wasteland

but for the server, look for the server's RPT.

Server's RPT? The server shows on the list and I can join it but it's status is waiting and I assume it's because the mission didn't load or can't. That may be because of my servers launch parameter or add-on dependencies missing in the server files. I'd be great if I figured out how to edit custom mission files or open them in the 3D editor. I got it to show new maps using CAA1 and changing the launch parameter accordingly. I can't get this specifically to show up in the list of missions.

The server is lived but waiting for something, I guess I would need the correct server.cfg using NFO Control Panel, upload the add-ons to the FTP that are required (if any). Start slow so I don't run into more probl

I'll visit TVT-55 again shortly to see if there is anything I missed, I really just know it's something easy that I'm missing. ems then I can handle?

ALSO - It takes forever to upload to the FTP directly from my local machine. Using LEA or Toph's I can't upload addon folders to the servers ftp.

Edited by Bishop

For the FTP you should use Filezilla, its pretty simple, and fast:

http://filezilla-project.org/

RPT is a log file that the server generates, it will list any and all errors, or problems, or whats loading, whats not, ect,.

If the server is stuck on waiting then it might be your missing something, if i could see the server's rpt I could possibly tell you.

Would it be possible if i could actually view your server's contents, like log onto your server and see for myself, its been like 6 months for me since

i had a game server with my buddy so my memory is rather shy on some folder locations.

This http://imageshack.us/f/809/pg001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/822/serverxk.jpg/

Warmod Combined Ops was our server name, we had it at the time the game version was 1.60

should be proof enough that I had an NFo server, Kelley is my buddies name he paid for the server and i did all the admin work on it.

I have helped a few other members who also had NFo servers, the last guy late last year start of the fall I think it was had problems starting

his server after he installed a mod, and i had asked him if i could log onto his server with his username and pw.

your thoughts.

Using the control panel > server control > "myserver.log" > edit I can view reports, I can't find the server RFT. I read in another thread it should be with your servers ArmA2OAProfile?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17636&highlight=WASTELAND - Installation:

"Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Missions folder.

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.

As we always recommend use modfolders to separate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems."

What does this mean exactly? I've extracted the .pbo into both those folders. For my server would it not going into MP Missions? Either way, the server runs with the server.config I posted see below.

// Server Config Generated by Tophes Arma 2 Dedicated Server Tool

hostName = "servername";

password = "serverpassword";

passwordAdmin = "adminpass";

maxPlayers = 10;

logFile = "logfile_console.log";

voteThreshold = 0.33;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;

reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

timeStampFormat = "None";

motd[] = {};

motdInterval = 3;

vonCodecQuality = 3;

disableVoN = 0;

kickduplicate = 1;

verifySignatures = 1;

persistent = 0;

BattlEye = 1;

doubleIdDetected = "";

onUserConnected = "";

onUserDisconnected = "";

onHackedData = "";

onDifferentData = "";

onUnsignedData = "";

regularCheck = "";

class Missions

{

class Mission1

{

difficulty="regular";

};

};

It shows it's status as 'Waiting' so it could mean a lot of things but I imagine it's because the custom mission is lacking dependencies? Many other possibilities I'm sure. Is there more to it then the instructions given there?

Also how does one edit a custom mission, this mission for example. Say I wanted to spawn vehicles (which I do not know how to do without using the 3D Editor) so that they would appear on next restart. I get the concept of changing the files in the 3D Editor and saving then uploading to the ftp but what am I missing? I can't get the mission.sqf you get from opening and extracting the .pbo from TVT-55 Wasteland to appear in the list of missions.

Is that because I don't have client side launch parameters for it? I've been at this a few days now :p.

*edit*

Steam > Arma2OA Launch Parameters = -skipintro -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@CBA;@CBA:A2;@CBA_OA;@ca;@PRACS;@Cluster

My servers launch parameters = arma2;expansion;ca

I know that if I have a mission running that is dependant on any one of those, I would need to have those add-ons on my server. Just to be sure, I have my add-ons in /Program Filesx86/steam/steamapps/common/arma2oa/ and they are all set to @ACE etc. Where do I place the add-ons server side? In the add-ons folder or the same way I've done it to load them up client side?

Edited by Bishop

For the FTP you should use Filezilla, its pretty simple, and fast:

http://filezilla-project.org/

RPT is a log file that the server generates, it will list any and all errors, or problems, or whats loading, whats not, ect,.

If the server is stuck on waiting then it might be your missing something, if i could see the server's rpt I could possibly tell you.

Would it be possible if i could actually view your server's contents, like log onto your server and see for myself, its been like 6 months for me since

i had a game server with my buddy so my memory is rather shy on some folder locations.

This http://imageshack.us/f/809/pg001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/822/serverxk.jpg/

Warmod Combined Ops was our server name, we had it at the time the game version was 1.60

should be proof enough that I had an NFo server, Kelley is my buddies name he paid for the server and i did all the admin work on it.

I have helped a few other members who also had NFo servers, the last guy late last year start of the fall I think it was had problems starting

his server after he installed a mod, and i had asked him if i could log onto his server with his username and pw.

your thoughts.

Yea I just started the server again with the same server.cfg using the Control Panel > Server Control via NFO web client. It showed up in play withSIX and through Steam > Arma2OA. It's status read as Waiting, does not shut down. I checked the myserver.log in the Control Panel > File Manager for NFOServers and it hasn't updated since it last ran a mission which I think was SteelPanthers (a default Arma2OA mission cycle was placed in the server.cfg for my game server.

My launch parameter for the server is just arma2;expansions;ca I think, for jumping into the 3D Editor and launching Arma2OA through steam my launch parameter is

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@CBA;@CBA:A2;@CBA_OA;@ca;@PRACS;@Cluster

I don't know if it's because of missing dependencies and the mission won't load or if I need to do more work then just what's in the server.cfg noted above.

Thanks for your help, really need it :p.