Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Combo Mod v 1.0 : Deadly Islands V1.02 + Nemisis Mod V2.1

I still have to test it, but after starting a new game it seems to work.

I got board of trying to guess how to make an island and so I started looking for the love child of Gnrl_Grad and Species1571 . :butbut:

After looking long and hard (useing notpad++'s compair tool) I managed to rase it from the depts of hell. Dear god, what have I done. :yay:

This mod takes Deadly Islands V1.02 and Nemisis Mod V2.1 and merges them together and has almost all changes made in both. So, you get the unkillable carrier stuff that Nemisis brings to you and the deadly islands that Deadly Islands brings to the table.

Warning: Savegames made when using this mod are not compatible if this mod is removed.

Change log:

- combine the change logs of Deadly Islands V1.02 and Nemisis Mod V2.1

- Readded the (firewall, hacking, shield) mission messages because I like those (the other evil messages are still gone)

- Modded the messge at the start a game to give credit to Gnrl_Grad and Species1571 for all there hard work.

Download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaoehufvatkchfk/combomod101.rar

Edit: updated link to zip with sound file.

Edited by Tontow

A couple of points:

You didn't include the sounds folder. It is necessary to avoid hearing the screeching sound you get when using manual timewarp if the carrier is stationary.

The startup message sequence is a bit spammy, I suggest stripping it down to just the two mod names in one line. And change the LMF_EMPIRE to 0 for all lines except the line about manual timewarp. This avoids spamming unnecessary lines into the ship message log.

Also, your text editor seems to have caused the word wrapping to be lost when editing in notepad. Editing in wordpad instead is still fine.

Yes, it has turned out to be very hard.

I started to take a neutral island only to find active missle turrets shooting at me :)

Anyway, I will pack the sound file later tonight and link it.

Now if only someone would be able to awnser my questions on what elements an island needs to work correctly in the game, then I would be able to have a small island pack to go with this.

2.0 will be out soon and will have the updates for both mods that are currently in.

I'm going to export each function into its own .h file and the use #include in the main file to make it a bit easyer to maintain and much easyer to add other mods into the mix.

in the main file to make it a bit easyer to maintain and much easyer to add other mods into the mix.

in the main file to make it a bit easyer to maintain and much easyer to add other mods into the mix.

Do wha? huh?