Sign in to follow this  
lockjaw-65-

Make a spawned group move to marker faster!

Ok I have a script that spawns a group at a named marker. I then have a script that tells them to move to another marker on the map and then task patrol that marker. The problem is they move so slow in the vehicles and I am not sure why? Is there a way to set there speed so they are faster?

The script to call the vehicles is:

_spawn = [getmarkerpos "spawn500", "BTR40_MG_TK_INS_EP1", "ssp1a",0] execVM "supportmission1a.sqf";
_spawn = [getmarkerpos "spawn500", "LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1", "ssp1c",0] execVM "supportmission1a.sqf";
_spawn = [getmarkerpos "spawn500", "V3S_TK_EP1", "ssp1d",0] execVM "supportmission1a.sqf";

Then the script to call the crew and set the task patrol is:

_spawn_zone = _this select 0;
_veh_type = _this select 1;
_name = _this select 2;
_dir = _this select 3;// new

_group = createGroup east;
_veh = createVehicle [_veh_type, _spawn_zone, [], 0, "NONE"];
_driver = _veh emptyPositions "driver";
_gunner = _veh emptyPositions "gunner";

_cargo = (_veh emptyPositions "cargo") - 1;
if (_driver > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinDriver _veh;this assignAsDriver _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
if (_gunner > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinGunner _veh;this assignAsGunner _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
if (_commander > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinCommander _veh;this assignAsCommander _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
for "_i" from 0 to _cargo do
{
"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinCargo _veh;this assignAsCargo _veh;"];
};
_veh setdir _dir;// new
_veh SetVehicleVarName _name;
call compile format["%1 = _veh", _name];
_patrol = [_group, getmarkerpos "objmk1", 200] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;

All work really well, its just the speed?

I think bis_fnc_taskPatrol sets speed to "LIMITED" by default.

Try creating a waypoint at "objmk1" with speed "NORMAL" or "FULL" and call bis_fnc_taskPatrol after that...

Thanks for info but I am not sure how I would create a waypoint during the mission or how to do it within the script?

Try this:

_spawn_zone = _this select 0;
_veh_type = _this select 1;
_name = _this select 2;
_dir = _this select 3;// new

_group = createGroup east;
_veh = createVehicle [_veh_type, _spawn_zone, [], 0, "NONE"];
_driver = _veh emptyPositions "driver";
_gunner = _veh emptyPositions "gunner";

_cargo = (_veh emptyPositions "cargo") - 1;
if (_driver > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinDriver _veh;this assignAsDriver _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
if (_gunner > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinGunner _veh;this assignAsGunner _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
if (_commander > 0) then {"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinCommander _veh;this assignAsCommander _veh;this setskill [""general"",1];"];};
for "_i" from 0 to _cargo do
{
"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1" createUnit [_spawn_zone, _group, "this moveinCargo _veh;this assignAsCargo _veh;"];
};
_veh setdir _dir;// new
_veh SetVehicleVarName _name;
call compile format["%1 = _veh", _name];

[color="#FF0000"]_wp = _group addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "objmk1",0];
_wp setWaypointStatements ["true","[_group, getmarkerpos "objmk1", 200] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;"];[/color]

Many thanks I will try that later today, will that make them move quicker to the waypoint?

This does seem to work and the units are quicker but it says there is an error with the script?

Ah, the quotes within quotes is what is causing the problem. Put double quotes around "objmk1".

_wp = _group addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "objmk1",0];
_wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wp setWaypointStatements ["true","[_group, getmarkerpos ""objmk1"", 200] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;"];

Ah, the quotes within quotes is what is causing the problem. Put double quotes around "objmk1".

_wp = _group addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "objmk1",0];
_wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wp setWaypointStatements ["true","[_group, getmarkerpos ""objmk1"", 200] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;"];

This works perfect, thanks to all for the help :)