Sign in to follow this  
MixedMethods

FOV Help

Hello there,

I'm trying to change my FOV but it doesn't appear to have an in game effect.

I have my settings as this currently, but it looks like standard FOV atm. Is there a limit to what you can set it to? - And yes, I'm trying to make it smaller rather than bigger.

400d8a39d137b6dde30c38c91528d5b0.png

Try zeus_fov, from the zeus mod, use it as a standalone pbo, just pop it inside any other mod your using, it reduces the field, i.e. zooms in slightly. Will also increase your fps a little..:)

Try zeus_fov, from the zeus mod, use it as a standalone pbo, just pop it inside any other mod your using, it reduces the field, i.e. zooms in slightly. Will also increase your fps a little..:)

You'll have to forgive me, I am one of the DayZ Commander generation, so no idea how to do that :P

What I'm trying to do is get standard FOV to be around that which you get whilst holding down + on numpad, would that allow for it?

Take your fov as it stands i.e. not altered, just what’s written into the configs based upon your res. Then times it (multiply) by equal amounts:

i.e. times (x) it by 0.5 (both fov numbers). If that’s too much, lower the number i.e. 0.4 from the original fov figure..

:butbut:Actually! it could be that you have to divide it by equal amounts, so if you find you have zoomed right out, do the opposite and divide it instead, from the original fov figures..;)

Equal amounts i.e. 0.1, 0.2 etc

This is all from memory, so who know's, but I think thats right, let me know how you get on..:)

Edited by ChrisB

multiplying by 0.# is effectively dividing ^^

I've already altered the values based on information from this guide but it's had zero effect. :s

Are you setting the config to 'read only' after altering, if not it will just reset..

I have a similar question. I always feel the FOV is way too zoomed in for desktop PC play. The FOV seems to be designed for sitting on a couch like a console meaning it is too zoomed in for sitting close to your screen. Is there any way to increase the FOV?

Just to clarify and make this simpler;

1920 x 1080 will give you a standard fov of 0.75 x 1.2, if your playing in 16:10 that is (widescreen)..

Now if you go into your profile config and down near the bottom, you will find ‘fov’ setting, if you change this by multiplying it by equal amounts i.e. x2 which will give you 1.5x2.4 you will zoom out, if you divide it equally i.e. /2 = 0.375x0.6 you will zoom in..

Zoom out = wider field

Zoom in = narrow field

Obviously you can test with setting but always equal, and x2 or /2 is really the max, imo..

Don’t forget if you change this setting you will have to set the config to ‘read only’..:)

Edited by ChrisB

I have a similar question. I always feel the FOV is way too zoomed in for desktop PC play. The FOV seems to be designed for sitting on a couch like a console meaning it is too zoomed in for sitting close to your screen. Is there any way to increase the FOV?

Guide for changing FOV

And remember to click Read Only as Chris says!!