Sign in to follow this  
defrager

Flattening Ground, T-intersections, and gaps in roads.

Hi Guys,

I have quick questions that I would love some help with.

Firstly, flattening ground. I would like to make a compound have flat ground: http://i.minus.com/jbmNiVzVWegKaW.bmp, kind of how I have outlined in this photo. What is the quickest and best way to do this?

Secondly I have been using Homer Johnston's wonderful road painter 2 add-on, but I have got lots of ~2 metre gaps in my roads, as well as hairline ones. How can I fix this issue? Also what is the best way to make road intersections?

Thanks for your help guys, it is hard starting off!

Well I'm sorta new to this as well but for flattening terrain I use l3dt. Since my terrain started off in there I just make adjustments export it via an xyz file then import that file into my already open visitor3 project and the adjustments I make will be altered.

Editing large chunks of terrain just in visitor itself is nearly impossible lol.

I can't speak for homers road tool because I didn't use it. I placed all my roads by hand.

If it is just 1 compound use visitor tools wont take you long saves messin with l3dt i done all height adjustment in visitor for sangin can be time consuming and soul destroying this way.

If it is just 1 compound use visitor tools wont take you long saves messin with l3dt i done all height adjustment in visitor for sangin can be time consuming and soul destroying this way.

Lol that's insane. How long did that take you?