Sign in to follow this  
Claystone

Newbie Headset and Online Question

Hey fellas been learning the game before trying out online, but i have some questions:

1. What is the best "head-set with Mic" to get to use for online play, or is there no need for one?

2. Are there teams to join if you like to? If so where can you find them?

3. Can one make a story in the editor and upload the game to play with my buddies?

4. Are the online games Human vs Human, or are the only Humans vs AI? (I'm hoping for Human vs Human in mass combat scale.)

5. Is installing Scenarios and Missions installed the same way like addons are???

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Claystone

1. I use sennheiser pc350 but rather expensive - if you want to join a team - yes you need a headset/mic

2. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86052-Player-looking-for-squad-(not-for-squads-to-post-looking-for-players!)

3. yes

4. yes

5. If u by scenarios mean maps - then yes. Missions are stored in missions/mpmissions folder - or if played online in mpmissioncache.

Dorph;2276042']1. I use sennheiser pc350 but rather expensive - if you want to join a team - yes you need a headset/mic

2. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86052-Player-looking-for-squad-(not-for-squads-to-post-looking-for-players!)

3. yes

4. yes

5. If u by scenarios mean maps - then yes. Missions are stored in missions/mpmissions folder - or if played online in mpmissioncache.

Thanks Dorph,

Yeah I saw in Armaholic.com that you can download scenarios along with mission. So I wanted to know where scenarios go?

Last question was I downloaded an US infantry solider in multi-cam and set him in my common folder. I also enable the addon. How can i make that my character from the profile section? I'm trying to make my character and edit his uniform as well.

It doesnt work quite like that. In profile selection screen you only select your face, glasses, name, squad url. You can use custom face. Your uniform/side/gear/vehicle is determined by mission you are playing.

I would also strongly suggest using mod folders for mods/addons. NEVER put custom files in Addons or Common for that matter. Here is how it looks like.

First, make a mod folder:

"YourArma2MainDirectory\@Mods\AddOns\ModYouWantToUse.pbo/.bisign"

Then add @Mods to your Arma 2 shortcut Target Line, e.g.:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@Mods;@Mods2;@Mods16

'@Mods' can be any name you want as long as it matches the one in shortcut target line.

More useful shortcut parameters can be found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters.

Have fun with Arma.

It doesnt work quite like that. In profile selection screen you only select your face, glasses, name, squad url. You can use custom face. Your uniform/side/gear/vehicle is determined by mission you are playing.

I would also strongly suggest using mod folders for mods/addons. NEVER put custom files in Addons or Common for that matter. Here is how it looks like.

First, make a mod folder:

"YourArma2MainDirectory\@Mods\AddOns\ModYouWantToUse.pbo/.bisign"

Then add @Mods to your Arma 2 shortcut Target Line, e.g.:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@Mods;@Mods2;@Mods16

'@Mods' can be any name you want as long as it matches the one in shortcut target line.

More useful shortcut parameters can be found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters.

Have fun with Arma.

Thanks Janez, I've been making my own custom Mod folders. Before I did anything I was watching it on "youtube". I saw how things are being done first. I try to get all my ansers from youtube, and if I can't find it there I come on here for help. But thanks for the heads up.

As for the uniform. I saw if I go into the game folder and open up my characters file with notebook I can copy and paste a characters face, and uniform.

Now I saw somewhere else in a video a player had addons for the profile and he was able to change the face/glasses/ and head gear. Where are they found and are the installed into the game the same way with @name of folder???

Edited by Claystone

As for the uniform. I saw if I go into the game folder and open up my characters file with notebook I can copy and paste a characters face, and uniform.

Now I saw somewhere else in a video a player had addons for the profile and he was able to change the face/glasses/ and head gear. Where are they found and are the installed into the game the same way with @name of folder???

Can you link those videos?

Hey Janez,

Here is the video of the one about changing face / eyewear / helmet

I want to know how to get these "Addon" for changing my profile characters face / eyewear / helmet. I also want to learn how to change my profile character's "uniform".

I also want to learn how to change my profile character's "uniform".

As Janez said, that is determined by the mission you are playing. Every mission is different - you might be a US Army medic, or a Russian Spetznaz leet operator, or a USMC redshirt on an LHC...

Your "character" isn't of any specific nationality, and is not a member of any specific force, until you start a mission.

As Janez said, that is determined by the mission you are playing. Every mission is different - you might be a US Army medic, or a Russian Spetznaz leet operator, or a USMC redshirt on an LHC...

Your "character" isn't of any specific nationality, and is not a member of any specific force, until you start a mission.

Ok. I just thought you can create your character for multi-player online.

Hey Janez,

Here is the video of the one about changing face / eyewear / helmet

I want to know how to get these "Addon" for changing my profile characters face / eyewear / helmet. I also want to learn how to change my profile character's "uniform".

Right, so there is a link to addon called Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps in description of that video. The addon adds bunch of units that you can use in your missions or play missions that require that addon. It also adds various headgear that is basically custom face.

You can download it here and install using Mod Folder option that you already know now.

Have fun

Ok. I just thought you can create your character for multi-player online.

Just face/headgear, which is enough.