Sign in to follow this  
jptiger

world is too empty

hey guys, not sure if you noticed but the world is quite dead. only animals standing around in fields, no deer roaming the forests or anything.

although it might seem boring, it can add content to missions since it can spook the enemies, and you better not have a hungry bear near you foxhole.

what do you think about it, is it possible and will it have enough potential

This can already be achieved very simply actually. There are no bears or lions or tigers (predator animals). It would be so awesome, if there was an african island with lions & hienas and shit.Maybe an alaskan island, specifically kodiak island, where the huge kodiak grizzlies roam.Anyhow, you can realize a large amount of immersion depending on the maps you're playing. It just depends on who made the map. As an example, open up the editor. Place some animals and or objects, units, waypoints etc. make some objectives, maybe a story etc etc. The possibilities are limitless.

Check this guide out, it should get you started editing, if you choose to do so anyhow.

ps: There are crocodiles on lingor island.

Edited by Iceman77

For the most part if you're stomping around the forest, no matter how stealthily to humans, deer will be long gone. That's why when hunting you sit and let them come to you.

For the most part if you're stomping around the forest, no matter how stealthily to humans, deer will be long gone. That's why when hunting you sit and let them come to you.

This is true. But still, if one wants he can add animals. And could also make them "spook" easily.

Edited by Iceman77

I remember hearing of someone importing wild dogs or wolves to varying degrees of success. I think it was part of DayZ, but i'm sure if you have the know how it could be done with the regular game

I must say adding something now to the terrain is abit late. Just wait a few months, maybe years and then Arma III will be released, there will definitely be something new.

There was a mission in a Campaign, I think it was one of Sick1's Seal Team campaigns, where if you entered a hanger at Balota Airfield, you could be attacked and killed by a wild boar. I always thought if would be cool if the animals could be customized for different maps. Takistan/Shapur should have water buffalo and not pigs, for example (pigs are considered unclean in the Middle East). Someone has a Shark mod, I think. It attacks people in the water. Look it up in Armaholic.

Ages ago I suggested that animals be added just like soldiers. They could be given way points, they could fire triggers and whe they move they could be confused with enemy soldiers.