Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

co@9 [ACE] Without A paddle

CO@9 [ACE] Without A Paddle V2

>> Download <<

IMPORTANT!!! This mission is meant to be given a few tries before completion. The situtaion the mission puts you in is a difficult one, but very doable.

Have you ever been up shit creek without a paddle!!?? This small mission will get you there in a hurry!!! Can you survive an ambush? Can you make it back to your base alive? Or can you put up a fight and neutralize the threat!!?? Test yourself in an intense environment where you are caught with your pants down, outnumbered and outgunned. See if you have what it takes to survive when you're up shit creek without a paddle!!

Mission OverView:

You've just dropped off a large load of WMD to the chinese. You're heading back to your base... no big deal.

Whats Inside???:

co_9_without_a_paddle.takistan

Requirements:

ACE Mod 1.14rc -(download with Play With Six)

Features:

-1 Objective

-Side Respawn (spawn into available AI, else spectate)

-Spectate Mode (upon seagull)

Lobby Parameters:

-Civilian Casualties Cap (optional)

-Time Of Day (random optional)

-Weather (random optional)

-View Distance

-Environment Colors (default/movie)

-Time Limit (optional)

Credits:

Shuko - TaskMaster2

Kegetys - Spectator Script

ACE Mod team

Bohemia Interactive

Moerderhoschi -Day & weather script

Note: "Up shit creek without a paddle" is a metaphor that means "you're screwed", nothing or very little you can do about it.

Edited by Iceman77

okay, gonna try and get some good files up

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

updated: Working link!!!

Updated:

- "Night with Full moon" Time Of Day parameter will now actually be a full moon.

- Civ casualties cap will no longer end the mission instantly when the feature is disabled.

Damn Iceman, you are on a mission frenzy :) Uploading to the CiA ACE coop server!

Well, since I'm making small missions it's not so bad. keeping it simple. It's cool though, I really enjoy testing them along the way. Alot of fun.

Good, I like good short missions. Keep up the food work!

We tried your mission last night, we had one huge problem.

The enemy were way too close from the truck. We weren't able to survive more than 1 minutes (the cover were a bit too far from the truck).

You also forget to mention that we need ACR lite at least.

Thanks anyway for your mission. :)

We tried your mission last night, we had one huge problem.

The enemy were way too close from the truck. We weren't able to survive more than 1 minutes (the cover were a bit too far from the truck).

You also forget to mention that we need ACR lite at least.

Thanks anyway for your mission. :)

Thanks for playing the mission, that means alot. Some things I want to point out / ask;

How many tries did you give the mission?The mission is intended to be hard, you're intended to see your virtual buddies around you die, as you're caught in an ambush.Alot of players/AI will die here. The mission may require a few tries before completion. Also, I didn't make the mission with ACR lite, so the mission doesn't require any ACR DLC. It does have some default CO "acr" units, but they aren't from acr full DLC or acr lite DLC. ACR lite DLC contains units and vehicles @ low res from ACR full DLC.This can be realized by opening up vanilla A2:CO (without any DLC or addon), going into the editor and taking a look at the miniscule amount of vanilla acr units. I have neither DLC and BI never included ACR lite in any patch;) The mission requires just ACE & A2:CO.

In any case, I just fraps'd the start of the mission to show that it is very possible to find cover. After that, surviving is on you and the decisions you make. Luckily it only took 1 try to get this recording ;) Note: This is my first recording, with trial fraps

Without A paddle - Finding Cover

Edited by Iceman77

Iceman, your video is twisted in a psychedelic way lol, cancel youtube's "shaking removal" feature to fix it.

It was my first recording / youtube ever lol. I'm not sure atm how to disable the shaking removal. So I've just reverted it to default :p. Is the video viewable? I mean, can you understand what's going on in the video?

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

Okay the video appears to be "fixed" now, no more wobbles :cool:

Yeah you fixed it. Phantom six had the same problem and it appears that Youtube always detects Arma 2 videos as "shaky" and when you let it "fix" it the movie gets wobbly like that.

Damn this mission is hard! :)

We got obliterated in every try. I saw there are tanks too! Need to find some AT...

Thanks for this fun mission iceman!

yeah it's hard. It's best to hide and find a way out rather than fight.