Sign in to follow this  
lato1982

High Command - playable units - possible?

Hi,

I'm working on a small mission, where the player has to use the high command module. The player is a squad leader, but he has the ability to command 3 other squads. I wanted to have the squad leaders to be playable, beacues high command suck sometimes. The problem is, when i switch for a second to be a 2nd squad leader, then get back to the High Commander the 2nd squad won't work in High Command any more until I shoot the squad leader. It seems like AI can't take over again a playable unit and obey commands in HC?

Any thoughts how to make this work?

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm working on a small mission, where the player has to use the high command module. The player is a squad leader, but he has the ability to command 3 other squads. I wanted to have the squad leaders to be playable, beacues high command suck sometimes. The problem is, when i switch for a second to be a 2nd squad leader, then get back to the High Commander the 2nd squad won't work in High Command any more until I shoot the squad leader. It seems like AI can't take over again a playable unit and obey commands in HC?

Any thoughts how to make this work?

Thanks,

Hey lato I love using the high command and team switch functions but it has some issues for MP missions and the high command has some limitations that BIS never completed for ARMA2. Hope in ARMA 3 it will have more functions. There are a few good scripts that add to the high command you should look them up.

This should fix your issue!

High Command Module improvements-put this line in you init.sqf and units inti box.

onTeamSwitch "selectPlayer (leader _from);IF (vehicle _from == _from) THEN {{_x doFollow leader _from} foreach units _from;unassignVehicle _from;};selectPlayer _to;";

This will allow you to team switch back into the unit during the mission. Let me know if you need more help. I have use the high command and team switch functions alot both in SP and MP missions. AVIBIRD

THANKS !!!

it works like a dream, never thought this will be actually so easy to make it work :) Now i can command the whole operation from base and switch to particular team leaders in battlefield. This is great!

Thanks again for your time!!

Edited by Lato1982

Sorry for reactivating this old thread but I'm really looking for a solution for exactly this problem but in Arma 3. The solution from post #2 doesn't work in Arma 3 unless I'm doing something wrong. Please help if you can, I know almost nothing about scripting commands and this is a matter of life and death.

eedit: Nevermind, I found High Command Extensions playable in Arma 3 and this resolves whole problem.

Edited by mnemonicjohn