Sign in to follow this  
THEBLITZ6794

Infantry Combat-Boring and Unrealistic?

It's always that second where they fail, just like the slight pause before they go prone, or the slight pause before they do anything

What do you mean by this? In danger mode ai always have their weapons raised. In aware mode some of them will and most won't - but upon contact, even if shots aren't fired they raise them I believe (will have to test). But I just don't see how having their weapon raised would help them that much besides when they are at close range. At 50 metres plus I don't see how the second it takes to raise their weapons would make that much of a difference.

What I mean is that in Aware mode AI keeps formation but won't be ready to engage and won't engage on the move to suppress. While in Danger mode they will do just that but will no longer keep formation.

It takes some time for AI and players (due to animations) to raise the weapon too, whereas a unit with a raised weapon can react immediately.

TL;DR - for example it's impossible for AI to approach compound while keeping, say, line formation and constantly suppressing that compound.

Are you playing against ai or PVP? Don't you think that lack of foliage and shadows at distance and small terrain features alone make the infantry combat pretty unrealistic? Add in the fact that the ai has very little care for cover and I am confused how you could say it is accurate.

Speaking about AI - it was really improved in the cover area after one of the not-long-ago beta fixes. Defenders will no longer run at the enemy, just waiting for an enemy to come to them and attackers will do their best to engage from maximum possible distance. Before that AI was just trying to get within 10m of the enemy being constantly on the move and much more vulnerable. You do need that realistic 2:1 numerical advantage vs. defending AI to ensure 100% success.