Sign in to follow this  
Private

Questions

Hi

Just bought ARMA2 and the addons.

When I first started playing, I used to have a red circle around the target, no I get nothing, and usually end up shot/dead before I even see the enemy.

Have I changed a setting inadvertantly?

Thank you

You may have inadvertantly changed the difficulty settings. Options, Game Options, Difficulty

You may have inadvertantly changed the difficulty settings. Options, Game Options, Difficulty

No I thought that too, but it's still on 'Regular'.

You mean red target marker, or transparent red blob, AKA peripheral vision?

To recieve first, you need team leader to assign target for you, it's like him saying "shoot that guy overe thar!"

Second one is difficulty dependant AFAIK, also can be disabled by some mods.

Edited by boota

Yes, that's the one, the red targetting circle has disappeared for some reason

Thanks for the advice

Also, don't get discouraged by the tendency, in the beginning, of "usually end up shot/dead before I even see the enemy". That's the experience of pretty much every new Arma player. You can't play Arma like you play shooters, that will only get you killed quickly. You need to use realistic, real world tactics to stay alive. Always use cover and concealment, and don't expose yourself on open ground. As an infantryman, you need to stay hidden to stay alive.

Welcome to Arma!

You should also be aware that the red targeting circle is a bit buggy, sometimes it just disappears after you have been assigned a target, but have not yet killed it.