Sign in to follow this  
lucius esox

Is this a bug

Hi there,

I am playing a Vanilla Arma2 campaign version 1.11 (without going back into game I think that is right version) and am having few problems and am not sure if bug or me being idiot. Am at the the Manhatten stage in the campaign and am looking for insurgent camps. I have alighted near a village from the helo and within a few minutes I am joined by lots of non USA friendlies, they seem to be following me. Anyway, my issue is that I seem to be dieing for no apparent reason. At first I thought it was a sniper because it seemed to happen at a particular spot, after reccing the area with my squad (not use my player character for this btw) I couldn't find any,,, thought a bug so decided to move away and try something else. Went about a km away, called the chopper in,, took off,,, died. This seems to happen even if I try to move away in the helo right at the beginnning of save as well. I hope I have explained it ok,, any ideas or is someone supposedly on my side shooting me :))

thx in advance

Perhaps the easiest way would be restarting that mission from beginning. not Loading any savepoint from that mission - totally restart the mission.

Sometimes a mission can be bugged when loading from a savepoint, or sometimes missions have bugs where the trigger for the bug was far more at the beginning than perhaps the savepoint.

Principally, if something doesn't work: Restart.

It's my standard answer and I'd say in more than 75% it is also a solution :)

Some Harvest Red missions have "auto death" scripts that run if you go outside the mission area (see here). I can't remember if Manhattan has that feature though.