Sign in to follow this  
Appogee

Can't find the enemy carrier :-(

v1.02

I have captured all but 3 outlying islands in a strategy game.

One of my islands is flashing red/blue, but I've been there and the enemy carrier isn't there any more.

I've checked the surrounding islands, and he's not there either.

How can I find him and finish what has been an epic 12 hour game?!

I have also encountered this bug, but only when I had captured all islands and then went to find him. Only thing I can suggest is you load a saved game from a couple of islands back, then go and take care of him first. I assume you are certain you didn't kill him earlier in the game? I have seen islands continue flashing after the enemy carrier is dead.

Yeah, I definitely didn't kill him yet... just put a few dents in one of his engines, then missed him (doh) with my one torpedo.

Are you sure it's a bug? Maybe he's just sitting out there somewhere and I just can't find him?

Well when I had it, when I arrived at the flashing island I got the "Enemy carrier in proximity" alert and couldn't warp out until I moved away from the island, but he wasn't there, so if you are getting the same thing, then yes I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

If you are really desparate to find him, there's one other thing I can think of trying. Go to the flashing island, then warp to the next nearest island. Go back to the flashing island and repeat for the next island, going back to the flashing island every time. That way if, he is stuck on the route to another island you should get forced out of timewarp.

Personally, I would juse call it a day with that particular game and say you won anyway.

If you are really desparate to find him, there's one other thing I can think of trying. Go to the flashing island, then warp to the next nearest island. Go back to the flashing island and repeat for the next island, going back to the flashing island every time. That way if, he is stuck on the route to another island you should get forced out of timewarp.

Great idea - and it worked! On my third trip from the flashing island to a neighbouring island I found him becalmed. His deck guns were still working, but he couldn't seem to move. Two torpedoes finished him off and gave me that all important ''20-years-later, I finally killed the enemy carrier'' feeling!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Haha no problem, glad it worked, nothing worse than an anticlimax after a long strategy game. So you never completed the original?

Not once. Must have spent a hundred hours trying, but never managed to do more than capture one island for every one that I lost. So it's been cathartic to get another chance :-)