Sign in to follow this  
ArmaIInoobATM

"Bad version. Server rejected connection."

What's going on here? I can't join most games in ArmA II or OA or DayZ. I've got all the expansions except for the Army of the Czech Republic but I'm also sure that I have the latest patch installed.

Please help, I assume there will be a really obvious answer and this is an extremely nooby question but I can't figure out what I have done/have to do.

Possibly your not running the mods required, they should tell you which ones are required when you get in the server. ACE being a very popular mod, also you will need CBA, have a check to see if the servers are running specific mods/addons..

P.S don't forget not everyone runs the latest patch/beta, be sure to be at 1.62 at least..

If you are only used to playing DayZ then you may be starting the game with the wrong .exe. DayZ requires the "launch game with Beta.exe". To start a regular game you need to launch with "Arma2OA.exe". The exact .exe files may be different then what I posted, I'm at work and replying by memory. Best to create a shortcut on your desktop for each one, you can edit the target line (right click-> properties) in each shortcut as needed when you are ready to add mods.