Sign in to follow this  
Ghebraant

So what happens now?

@ tortuosit

Infraction +1 and I will also sent you on a holiday for a certain time.

Game sucks, cool premiss, most things well executed, lacks polish, and is feature incomplete. Fail. Move on, do not buy another BI game.

I must be playing the game incorrectly then because I think its bloody great.

Seriously, I appreciate perhaps people that were involved in the development of the game might be disappointed if some things they had hoped for didn't happen, and obviously the game can be improved and tweaked further (as could the original) but aren't we over-doing the negativity a bit?

I get the occasional crash, I think some of the suggestions (like a respawning carrier) are well made, but in general, I'm having a great time with the game.

Well it goes like this: I, like many others, payed for early access to the beta so we could report bugs and hence make the game better. They ignored the most fatal one, which is the common denominator within all reviews of the game; broken AI. I can't play this game when the units cannot engage the enemy, drive in proximity to one another, or manage not to get stuck in objects such as trees. Put it another way -- It's not about disappointment, it's about the game actually being broken. That is to say that any other faults than the AI are secondary, really.

PS: I haven't received a response to my refund request through the store.bistudio.com contact form yet.

Thats just it Angus - there ARE good bits in the game, but a lot of work still needs to be done. There were a lot of people willing and technically able to help out fix things, find bugs, report issues, playtest and send in saved games etc. in an effort to help the devs isolate and correct the issues. Once thats done - we could have MORE fun playing it!

The sad thing is - they did absolutely sweet football assosciation with it. Issue tracker went without updates, we had no meaningful conversation with the devs at all for the longest time - until suddenly there was a flurry of action, and we all thought "Finally! Something is being done, the teething problems will be fixed, word will get around that the game is nowhere near as dire as was made out to be in reviews, and BI can get a bit of cash for releasing a product that peeps want and are happy with!"

Then, of course, everything died down again. We got patches, sure, with seemingly minor tweaks, a couple of fixes, some new stuff - but nothing groundbreaking that changed either existing opinion of the game, nor attracted new peeps to it. No news from the devs does not of course mean they aren't doing anything - but the current lack of feedback certainly doesn't help matters.

There is also the issue of the community, and the reactions of some people to the actions of others. It's a dangerous subject to even hint at on these forums, but why on earth should your customers - the very people who give you money, without whom BI would shrivel up and die, be afraid of voicing their honest and valid opinion or communication on the only official platform available to them? Even saying something as vague and nebulous as that is probably grounds for punishment. The mind truly boggles sometimes.

Regardless, I do hope everything can be fixed someday, preferably soon.

There is also the issue of the community, and the reactions of some people to the actions of others. It's a dangerous subject to even hint at on these forums, but why on earth should your customers - the very people who give you money, without whom BI would shrivel up and die, be afraid of voicing their honest and valid opinion or communication on the only official platform available to them? Even saying something as vague and nebulous as that is probably grounds for punishment. The mind truly boggles sometimes.

Take a look at this thread (not meaning you specifically):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?72059-The-all-new-Ask-a-moderator-about-the-forum-amp-rules

It's the thread where you're allowed to discuss forum and moderation policy ;) (though not individual decisions by moderators, which needs to be kept to PM). All of these people choosing to get suspended and infractioned for commenting in threads or making threads about moderating is just stupid when there's a dedicated thread for it made by Placebo (head moderator) himself, and which has been pointed out several times before as well if I remember correctly. If it's about setting an "example", martyrdom of sorts, that's been tried many times before and it hasn't made the least bit of difference in over 11 years. Follow the rules, listen to moderators, don't discuss moderating actions in public and people will find that it's a perfectly streamlined approach. If there's anything that's not logical or impracticle, the moderators are willing to listen to suggestions as has been the case many times before. Acting childishly or with no regard for the rules and etiquet of the community will get people in trouble for the most easily avoided problems imaginable since there are clearly alternatives that are even included in the forum rules.

Edited by JdB

Everything has been written here. Not a bad game per se, but needs polishing in order to be replayable and interesting. Handing out infractions on MINOR things does a lot more damage to an anyway dying forum part than maybe a mod may guess. The closing of some threads is just sad.. Dying communities need discussion and heat, they [edit: are] typically offtopic, unjust and against all rules! Topics may even not "deserve it's own thread". Over and out.

Still looking forward to what our good modders make of it one day.

@ tortuosit

Infraction +1 for discussing the moderation in public. When you have something to say about it you can do that using the options the forum rules give you.

lulz, the games dead. Could of been great, crappy publisher decisions put one knife in, overzealous-moderation to pamper the ego's of the moderators and try and stamp out all hope of the community (which they pretty much killed) resurrecting this title.

Game sucks, cool premiss, most things well executed, lacks polish, and is feature incomplete. Fail. Move on, do not buy another BI game.

Cmonnn, he gets banned and I dont even get a look in? Goes to show just how farking terrible a moderator you are. Go On! Ban another person! Pretty soon you lot of pathetic unprofessional wankers will be down to banning each other anyway LOL

So is getting banned becoming a new past time now? I've seen lots of people figuratively begging for it in the past, but never literally...

@Hornet108

Wish granted

@some of you

Complaining about how topics get locked here and all you do is post crap. Hmm, tough to understand why all is getting locked huh.

And, really all your insults and whatever you sent my way is a waist of your time. Since 2006 that is all get from certain people and I am still here enjoying BI games, most of you are gone. Think about that.

Now, time to close another crap fest.