Sign in to follow this  
nateyj80

Enemy Carrier keeps respawning???

I have now sunk the enemy carrier 3 times in campaign mode! and he keeps coming back! isn't this a bit stupid? in the original game once the enemy has been destroyed ONCE! then hes finished for good? Where is the logic behind this?

the enemy carrier also appears to be very easy to defeat. im using the latest beta patch 1.03xxx

surely the enemy carrier should take considerable damage to beat (after only a few minutes of plasma fire?) especially when the enemy captain mentioned how strong and superior his carrier was to yours?

can we get this sorted please?

thanks!!

I have now sunk the enemy carrier 3 times in campaign mode! and he keeps coming back! isn't this a bit stupid? in the original game once the enemy has been destroyed ONCE! then hes finished for good? Where is the logic behind this?

the enemy carrier also appears to be very easy to defeat. im using the latest beta patch 1.03xxx

surely the enemy carrier should take considerable damage to beat (after only a few minutes of plasma fire?) especially when the enemy captain mentioned how strong and superior his carrier was to yours?

can we get this sorted please?

thanks!!

From what I can remember you need to capture all islands before going for the enemy carrier (in campaign)

In skirmish you can head for the enemy.

Inded, skirmish mode is the main deal and the carrier will need to be sunk only once. However in the campaign, if you followed the story, you've been told you need to collect the plans for a special torpedo. These plans are hidden on some of the later islands, so you can't permanently destroy the carrier until you have these torpedos.

From what I can remember you need to capture all islands before going for the enemy carrier (in campaign)

In skirmish you can head for the enemy.

its been quite a while since i played the original but i dont recall encountering the enemy carrier until i captured his last stronghold - nemesis?

ok if the campaign mode is set so that you have to capture all islands first then take out the carrier (with a torpedo) then surely dosent it make more sense to make the enemy carrier extremely difficult to destroy until you have captured all of the islands? just constantly having to sink him each time (with little effort) is a bit silly :p where is the game logic in this? this dosent seem to fit in with a real world scenario.

Nah it does seem unusual, but the game was missing some stuff all over the place. Put it in suggestions sticky and see what happens. If BI keep going with updates like they do with ARMA then it shouldn't take too long.

It cant be too hard to mod that in either if you feel adventurous. In the game files there are functions to get what chapter the game is on and also ones to get and set carrier health. Currently though I'm still playing 1.02 until the .03 becomes finalized, any adjusted files I give you will only contain 1.02 coding

Inded, skirmish mode is the main deal and the carrier will need to be sunk only once. However in the campaign, if you followed the story, you've been told you need to collect the plans for a special torpedo. These plans are hidden on some of the later islands, so you can't permanently destroy the carrier until you have these torpedos.

Was playing the game last night and despite making good ground to capture a number of enemy islands (over the last 2 weeks) after defeating him yet again he respawns on the bottom left side of the map and starts to take each island from the start of the campaign. what im finding to be very annoying to the point where im considering putting this much loved game on the shelf for good is the hard work ive done to capture these islands over the last 2 weeks are now being gobbled up by the enemy. he is capturing them at a faster rate than what i can catch up with. I dont realistically see how im able to capture all of the enemy islands when he is recapturing them at a far rate in succession?? Clearly my resources out number him (more blue than red islands) yet this dosent seem to hinder his ability to successfully retake islands at what appears to be a faster rate.

Therefore how can i capture all the enemy islands before defeating him in battle?

This game is turning out to feel unfair and very frustrating. Can we tweak the enemy carrier for the next patch to make this more balanced please?

I really don't know why you guys are getting so hung up on the respawning carrier. I don't want to say too much, but the enemy carrier is required for the end of the game, so you CANNOT destroy it during the campaign. The campaign is NOT about conquering all the islands, it is about progressing with the storyline. Once you have conquered an island, you do not need to go back if it gets taken from you. As long as you have enough of a supply chain to keep making fuel and weapons, just keep moving forward to islands you haven't been to yet.

Agreed- the love you speak of, mateyj80, should be going into the "strategy" mode of gameplay, which is the main bulk of the game. You can merrily capture all the islands and build them up to your standards as much as you desire. The campaign is there to give you a nice story and a tutorial, a nice start before diving into strategy mode- to get your mind into the story, sort of.

Was playing the game last night and despite making good ground to capture a number of enemy islands (over the last 2 weeks) after defeating him yet again he respawns on the bottom left side of the map and starts to take each island from the start of the campaign. what im finding to be very annoying to the point where im considering putting this much loved game on the shelf for good is the hard work ive done to capture these islands over the last 2 weeks are now being gobbled up by the enemy. he is capturing them at a faster rate than what i can catch up with. I dont realistically see how im able to capture all of the enemy islands when he is recapturing them at a far rate in succession?? Clearly my resources out number him (more blue than red islands) yet this dosent seem to hinder his ability to successfully retake islands at what appears to be a faster rate.

Therefore how can i capture all the enemy islands before defeating him in battle?

This game is turning out to feel unfair and very frustrating. Can we tweak the enemy carrier for the next patch to make this more balanced please?

Are you using the strategic part of the game?

Some things that worked for me:

1. Set key islands to defense (like single connections keeping your island network together or front line islands)

2. Defense islands support related islands. I found it a nice minigame to optimize production and defense. My front line islands all have Deadly or at least Strong defense (not so important or remote once). Two remote islands in the back have weak defense, but they should be out of range of the enemy carrier.

3. Defend your islands. When I arrive at an enemy island I resupply with fuel soon. My stockpile island is placed that I can "go by" and reach nearly every of my front islands from that, so I don't need the supply ship for defense and can quickly react if any of my islands is attacked (setting sail to stockpile, resupply, go to the attacked island)

4. Instead of extending my own network I first cut through the enemy network. I set the disconnected islands to defense.

It seams to work more than well in my game. I lost only the first island he attacked, which was before I applied above tactics. After this I defended against three more attacks while cutting through his network then he stopped attacking for a long time now. I assume low resources. Contact was reported when I approached one of the left bottom islands but it seamed he fled at my arrival, I couldn't find him.