Sign in to follow this  
ArmaIInoobATM

Is it worth buying full version?

Hi I've got the Free version of ArmA II, however ATM I have a laptop that is extremely shit and even on 'Very Low' settings for everything it can only run about 1 Frame Per Second!

So as far as I can tell the Free version includes multiplayer, The Armory, scenarios, the level editor etc. In fact, the only thing that isn't available is the Campaign.

Therefore, is it worth paying £15 just to get Campaign?

(By the way I haven't entered the key because I'm building a gaming PC and I want to use it on my new computer obviously)

You do not just buy campaign, you get the full textures and full sound, and that's for sure quite a difference...btw ArmA is know for runnign better on high setting depite slow PCs.

The campaigns by the way are not just campaigns, those are real Adventures by themselfs. And I guess for 15 pounds you get the Combined Operations versions, that's a fully new game with advemnced features.

Must be ArmA:CO because ArmA II costs only 6-9€ in these days on DVD.

Edited by Beagle

I thought you were not allowed to use mods in the free version?

There are a ton of mods out there, and quite a few I'd rate as a "must have/play" if you like Arma at all.

It's £25 for ArmA II and ArmA II: Combined Operations (the standalone one)

Thanks for your help :)

Can't wait to play, but it'll be roughly a month before we're finished building the PC for a few reasons. I can't wait to create my own missions and I've recently discovered the attachTo command thing so that'll be really fun too.

Getting the full version is a MUST in my opinion. The mods and new islands make the game absolutely brilliant. Even with Arma3 on the horizon Arma2 will be alive for years to come due to the modding community.

If its going to be around a month before your new rig is up and running maybe wait for the Steam winter sales :)

I know a lot of people say to avoid Steam which is fair advice but apart from one late release of a patch I have had no issues. I now launch Arma without Steam anyway.

Yeah I would definitely get combined operations. Reinforcements would be the best buy if you can afford it. It will let you get the most out of Arma if you want to play with the British weapons and vehicles a lot. You can still use them with CO but the texture quality is not that good.

What about the ArmA II X: Anniversary Edition?

Because Combined Operations is £25 but the Anniversary Edition includes British Armed Forces and Private Military Company.

They're £7.99 each on Steam (so I'll say £16)

Plus the maps, soundtracks etc and the original Arma (I thought the original Arma was Operation Flashpoint?) Gold Edition.

All for £40.

I don't really care about the PMC DLC, soundtracks or original Arma that much though.

What's Army of the Czech Republic like anyway?

Thanks again.