Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98736 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Wow, somebody has fixed something (not seemingly in the changelog) that has made a HUGE difference in the AI for the cmapaign. I have just replayed (multiple times) good morning Takistan, and it has really been great fun.

My own squads now don't seem to get stuck and not advance from the runway and into the village. In addition, everytime I have played this mission before, the final phase of clearing the second village, nothing ever happened. There were no solderis there. Now there is some of the best fighting there.

I haven't managed to do the mission yet, as we suffer too many losses and have to try again. I'm actually going to play all the campaigns again as it seems as though the AI is now pretty good. Hopefully this is just the start of the goodness we can expect? Perhaps some fixes that will find their way into Arma3 :D

The performance hit I got with the last beta seems gone. Excellent work all round!

I think I may have been a little hasty. I think perhaps someone broke something rarther than fixed it, but the end result seems to play much better that the current released AI.

I find that soldiers seem to stay exactly where they spawn/were placed in campaign. They never move and always seem to do the same thing each time i play a mission.

The first few times I played the game seem more polish and finished, as I guess it plays out more like the mission designers wanted. However, you lose the "anything can happen" sandbox feel.

Anyone else find this? I think it needs a bit of a review?

damn, I erased all my AI mods because of what you previously said...

Now, I gotta dl them and configure them again lol

anyway, has anyone else a feedback about the AI with this new patch?

..and it is indeed much better than before and worth testing without AI mods, but there is somethingperhaps wrong in campaign missions? Or perhaps they are supposed to be more static? Only devs can say.

Anybody have their own missions to test this on, see if it is just the campaign which plays out (roughly) the same each time?