Sign in to follow this  
AR3A

Error: "Script not found."

Dear Community,

I have a problem with Arma 2 Free...

Each time, when I try to run Scripts ingame, the game say´s: "Error: Script "example.sqf" not found."

This is very strange, because it worked the day before.... I didn´t change anything; the Script and the Location are

the same like in the past!! The game has Admin Rights and I reinstalled it a few times....

Thanks for Help and Sorry for bad English (i´m from Germany ;) )!!!

Yours

AR3A

Hello AR3A, and welcome to BIS forums.

Couple of questions for you:

1. what type of mission are you trying to play? a single player, or a multiplayer?

2. I'm assuming you built the mission so what is your Operating system?

3. what is the code that you are using to call the script in the editor?

4. what is the actual script name? is it example.sqf?

5. What is the folder address that you have the script at?

===========

Ok - My System is Win 7 Home Premium.

I try to play a Multiplayer-Mission. In the Past (one day before O.o ) the script "vehicles.sqf" worked very nice. I downloaded it and it is a script to respawn vehicles.

In the Editor, I use the code veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf" (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080 <-This is the Script.)

I have it in: C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Profilename\missions\test.Chernarus

And I tried it too with Ammobox-Refiller - i used the Example-Mission of the Developer.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Ok - here is the link to a (very little) mission i created: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96096496/test.Chernarus.zip

The Game shows me: "Script "vehicle.sqf" not found."

Ok - My System is Win 7 Home Premium.

I try to play a Multiplayer-Mission. In the Past (one day before O.o ) the script "vehicles.sqf" worked very nice. I downloaded it and it is a script to respawn vehicles.

In the Editor, I use the code veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf" (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080 <-This is the Script.)

I have it in: C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Profilename\missions\test.Chernarus

And I tried it too with Ammobox-Refiller - i used the Example-Mission of the Developer.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Ok - here is the link to a (very little) mission i created: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96096496/test.Chernarus.zip

The Game shows me: "Script "vehicle.sqf" not found."

Looks like you forgot a 's' in "vehicles.sqf"

Looks like you forgot a 's' in "vehicles.sqf"

Yup that would do it.

When working with scripts, and codes, best to just copy n paste.

Oh sry - it was an typing mistake. As you can see in the test.chernarus-mission, the filename is vehicle.sqf....

I will make a last try to delete all Arma-Files and reinstall it :(

=> I uninstalled it and deleted all BI-Files and Arma-Files and Battleeye-files.... Nothing changed. -.-

Edited by AR3A

Oh sry - it was an typing mistake. As you can see in the test.chernarus-mission, the filename is vehicle.sqf....

I will make a last try to delete all Arma-Files and reinstall it :(

=> I uninstalled it and deleted all BI-Files and Arma-Files and Battleeye-files.... Nothing changed. -.-

That is not the problem, try to copy and paste the name, because there is also a Capitals req...

I opened the Script; there are the different possibilities to write/copy and paste. I took one of them. Kylania meant, the mission works perfectly at his game :(

I think this is a installation problem or a windows problem -.-

Hey - i created another mission. It´s almost the same like the uploaded mission, but it works?! Can it be a bug?

Edited by AR3A

I opened the Script; there are the different possibilities to write/copy and paste. I took one of them. Kylania meant, the mission works perfectly at his game :(

I think this is a installation problem or a windows problem -.-

The copy paste meant the name of the file, the file name is X.sqf, then copy the "X.sqf".

Ya you dont need to uninstall your whole game, the error your getting is in reference to the script your using not the game itself.

Game is just telling you that the mission your trying to run requires a file that is missing, as its reading a code from the mission and calling for the script that the

code is attached to, if the script is there then the issue will be either the name of the script or the code your using, the game as far as I understand reads letter for letter,

so if a script code is missing a letter then that will make that script is missing error pop up. The error itself is usally the answer, then all you need to do is just check

the script name ain reference to the error code and see if they match.

I will download your test missions and see for myself.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Ya the test mission you have is correct, I think your running a different mission then the one you have for download as you have it setup correct.

this code:

veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

is in the vehicle init line, and the script is in the mission folder as it should be, just make sure that the mission folder itself is in the right place, so if you pbo the

mission then it should be located in the Arma2 directory in the missions folder, if its for the editor, then the username aspect of the missions folder you want,

so all i can say is try your own mission that you provided a download link for and it should work for you, i think its problem solved.

Just a word of advice when you use scripts as has been mentioned, just take the code listed in the script, seen here:

veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

and just paste it into the init line of the vehicle, basically like you did in the mission, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Typing a script out may not be accurate, really all depends on what the script is, but if its one line of code then why type it, save yourself the time.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Ok - it works ;)

Thanks all for your help!! :D

Where is the vehicle init line? I am having the same ploblem

snippets-01.jpg