Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Hurricane Sandy - News / Comments / Facts

I've lived in Jersey all my life and currently in North Brunswick/Middlesex. I can tell you first hand when you heard it over you and seeing the way the trees were bending and whipping back and forth, you find yourself with the uncanny urge to crap yourself. My family has been through hurricane's and tropical storms over the years. In fact we had a home in Union Beach, which we ended up losing to a hurricane. But this one really was a new one for us. NJ was lucky enough to prep in advance, but we still took a massive blow. It was certainly hard for us seeing where we once lived just about demolished to bits, seeing 30 feet+ of boardwalk ripped apart and eaten up by the ocean, etc. This was one of those things that really has brought all of NJ together and all of us trying to help out wherever we can.

Right now so areas are regaining power. And gas stations have been put on an Odd/Even program where license plates ending with even numbers are allowed to get gas on even number days, and vice versa for odd number licence plate numbers to sort of help ease some of the issues with getting gas.

All I know is with last years storm and this years...whatever you want to call whatever the hell formed up and tried to rape us all here...I don't honestly think we can hold things together if another hit so soon. Not just physically between the deaths and all the houses literally pulverized, but financially as well. This was definitely an ugly one, folks. But things could have ended up far worse.

I can say without a doubt that was something I wouldnt like to go through again. I live 5 miles from where the storm made landfall (Atlantic City). It snapped trees like nothing.Water 7-9 feet deep in the street. Broken gas lines everywhere. Boats 1 mile inland. Sewer mixed with potable water due to pump station being submerged so cant drink without boiling. No electricity until yesterday.Got any questions Ill answer if I can.