Sign in to follow this  
MorsTactica

"Script "briefing.sqf not found" HELP

I attempted to add a brief and some diary entries to a couple characters on a ArmA2:CO mission, ACE enabled, and now when I launch the mission I get "Script "briefing.sqf not found", no briefing, no diary, no anything. I have tried removing the briefing and init files but somehow with a COMPLETELY EMPTY mission folder I still get "Script "briefing.sqf not found". ANY help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Make sure your
unknowingly.

I wish it was that simple. I thought that too but I even put in the brief from a sample briefed mission and it gave me the error.

Can you upload your mission somewhere so we can test it then, please?

Yes, just let me find somewhere to do it. Sorry for the late reply, I was attending to family matters.

No problem. mediafire.com is usually a good place or Google Drive perhaps.

Mission: -Deleted-

Be forewarned, you need "Lingor Island" ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10792 ) ACE (Six-Updater)

and "The Undead Mod" ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9207&highlight=UNDEAD , http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9241&highlight=UNDEAD ) to play this file. Sorry!

Edited by MorsTactica

filefactory is too ridiculous to download from, a captcha, waits, misleading redirection page, another wait, then popups? No thanks. Use a file host that isn't trying to break my computer or get me to pay please.

Sorry, it was just the first link I clicked on. Mediafire is free right?

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

-deleted because issue fixed- - Should be good.

Edited by MorsTactica

Just opened it and the file is named briefing.sqf.sqf

Basically what kylania told you in the very first post.

Don't forget to add ACE to your requirements as well.

Edited by BlackMamb

Double Post

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

[/color]

Just opened it and the file is named briefing.sqf.sqf

Basically what kylania told you in the very first post.

Don't forget to add ACE to your requirements as well.

Fixed that, still calling for a briefing.sqf. Any ideas? THis really sucks, I spent about three days making this missions "V.1 Alpha". :/

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Guys I am kinda desperate. Please, anyone, is there a solution? Could I Copy/Paste the contents into a new mission?

Your briefing parts are for players on the WEST side. In your mission.sqm i see all players are CIVILIAN... so now you should know what you have to do...:292:

Yessir I did. I'll try to switch it to the Civilian side, however one character (The group leader) is a Marine, and you still get the error as him.

@MorsTactica I just took a look at your init.sqf, briefing.sqf, description.ext and mission.sqm files and from what I was able to tell was that your init.sqf wasn't scripted correctly (at least not to how I've been doing all my init.sqf file in all my mission I created for my MILSIM Team.) If the problem still occurs I'll double check it again, and I'll also look into the Error your getting with the team leader, but lets get the briefing.sqf fixed first then I'll figure out your error. (Just Sent the PM with the link for you to re-download and check if the briefing.sqf error still exists.)

PMed you back. For those monitoring this thread, it's still, somehow. not working. I have tested my ArmA for issues however, it appears to load other briefs fine. Seems to only be this mission.

@MorsTactica I just sent you the link with the breifing.sqf error fixed, now you can check it out and see if it works for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best in helping you.

For those wondering, the problem can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/xdfyh.png

:)

Thank you so much! How'd you do that?

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

Update!: It fixed the error, but two of my classes aren't getting their notes. I am pretty sure I know the issue, i'll post later and tell you guys if all is fixed. Thank you so much guys, you've been a great help! :cool:

It's just Notepad++ with the ArmA script plugin and a custom-defined color coding :)