Sign in to follow this  
coco146

Russian Military in Takistan warfare

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so could someone tell me where posts like this should go in the future?

I want to know if it is possible to play takistan warfare with russians rather than Takistani army? Or if it has already been done.

A dedicated server? My internet isn't great would it work? How do I set one up?

It's really easy actually and wont be a problem if you're running it for 3-4 players.

1. Download the Benny warfare .pbo file and copy it to the multiplayer folder

2. Goto arma 2 folder and run arma2oaserver.exe (or something like that if i forget the actual name). A grey box will pop up and you can see the server loading text.

3. Start arma 2 CO and go to multiplayer and look for server with your pc name (you can click local if you cant see it)

4. Get in the server and vote yourself as admin

5. Now you can select missions and change parameter for any MP mission that you have

you can get some friends to join in since it will be in public but you cant save the game. If you dont run these MP missions using dedicated, it wont run properly and you cant change the param.

This way you can play almost any MP games that you see without joining a public server, good for practicing or just messing around. Any online server that you join will also have the pbo file in your cache folder. Look for it in arma 2 mydocument folder, just copy this pbo to your MP folder and you can run it on your pc. Dont work for some missions like dayz or life rpg games tho.

Edited by gunso

simply join one of arma2.ru warfare servers, they have special edition, with russians, us and PMC as independent side.

yeah download benny's warfare, its alot better than the vanilla ones.

although u should know that the Russian army don't have desert camo in this, same with USMC, so they really stand out in takistan.

they should really add both woodland and desert camo for most of the major factions for greater mission variety instead of releasing

all those dlc