Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

Good americans vs bad americans

Would it be possible to create a mission where some bad Americans steal a scud (for example) and you are a crack team of (for instance) SEALs sent to foil their evil plan? Think something like "The Rock". In other words can you have US vs US or Soviet vs Soviet. Forgive me if I'm being thick but I don't think I've seen such a mission. Would your AI force see their countrymen as being the evil and vile baddies that they are? Or would they just turn and shoot you for being a traitor. Or to further confuse the issue could group of bad americans steal an A10 (or some other US hardware) for ransom and would your Delta team want to help you get it back or just swap NAM stories with their buddies over the campfire. After executing you as a commie traitor?

I thought I'd ask after seeing the arguments over "Are the russians really evil or just foreign johnnies with their eyes too close together?" threads.

More like an editing question so I'll shove it over there smile.gif

I just don't think that is possible in OFP...about the closest you could get would be to have the "bad americans" as Resistance, assign a Resistance officer as the leader of a West squad...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 01 2002,16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just don't think that is possible in OFP...about the closest you could get would be to have the "bad americans" as Resistance, assign a Resistance officer as the leader of a West squad...<span id='postcolor'>

A friend of mine did this with civilians and a rebal officer, it works fine. Ain't tried it much tho.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 01 2002,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was thinking about this the other day when I wanted to make a teams based 2v2 Abrams match.

But all the abrams are allied together sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You tried teaming 2 Abrams up with a rebal commander? Or a Russian one? Should work maybe.

In the old days of hand coding missions for the demo you could just edit the mission.sqm in notepad and change it from side west to side east for the groups you want to be baddies, they'll show up as east but at least they'll look American and be using American vehicles/weapons right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 01 2002,17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the old days of hand coding missions for the demo you could just edit the mission.sqm in notepad and change it from side west to side east for the groups you want to be baddies, they'll show up as east but at least they'll look American and be using American vehicles/weapons right?<span id='postcolor'>

Right, I was about to recommend that too.

Yea, you could edit you mission.sqm and change their side to east... well Mr. placebo said that already...

Ya. Go into the .sqm and change west to east on the units you want. They then fight eachother.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 01 2002,17wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the old days of hand coding missions for the demo you could just edit the mission.sqm in notepad and change it from side west to side east for the groups you want to be baddies, they'll show up as east but at least they'll look American and be using American vehicles/weapons right?<span id='postcolor'>

HA! I might do this. Americans and Russians fighting side by side against more American and Russian terrorists... would make for an interesting fight. Cooperation between USA and Russia fighting a common foe, seems wrong in a way but yeah worth a try.

Check the command reference for "setrating" or something like that. With this command you can tell the AI how much to consider a unit an enemy, but I don't know what the command is called precisely, nor what values are used.