Sign in to follow this  
disorder

Tips & Tricks for Noobs

- You can use enemy facilities like fuel,ammo and repair. Top up before you dock and you save carrier energy.

- Take out all the {P} production and {H} air facilities as you go, they fully rebuild automatically when you finish. If you really like blowing stuff up you can take everything out but the CC.

- You can destroy firewalls instead of activating them, but they will get rebuilt. If you are fast and have good timing you can still win with this method.

- You only have 1 deck gun, getting a new SHELL or PLASMA will replace the deck gun and top up the ammo for it.

- Fuel gives 1 bar of energy, Fuel Pack gives 5. Fuel is more efficient in space and cost. Fuel pack is more efficient in time.

- Mousewheel changes equiped weapons (main gun <> rockets)

- Always check you have a hack capsule or building capsule in supplies before you head out, it takes a long time to wait for them if you forget and have to build at your destination.

- You can equip and order supplies in timewarp.

Any others?

- Take out all the {P} production and {H} air facilities as you go, they fully rebuild automatically when you finish. If you really like blowing stuff up you can take everything out but the CC.

Maybe they will rebuild, but it will take a while after you took the island.

- You can destroy firewalls instead of activating them, but they will get rebuilt. If you are fast and have good timing you can still win with this method.

Yes, you can take them out. But as your are told in the tutorial this will not have a positive effect on hacking time for the CC so you may ignore them as well. See point one for rebuilding and becoming operable again.

Maybe they will rebuild, but it will take a while after you took the island.

Everything rebuilds instantly as far as I can tell. All facilties are back to normal and this causes a problem which I posted in the the Ideas thread. Basically the enemy takes my island and it flips from my weak island to being a strong one right away.

Everything rebuilds instantly as far as I can tell. All facilties are back to normal and this causes a problem which I posted in the the Ideas thread. Basically the enemy takes my island and it flips from my weak island to being a strong one right away.

Maybe for the REDFOR but not for the player. Just look at a destroyed Walrus garage or a Manta hanger after you took over an island: mouse context indicates inoperable.

Turrets seem to be replaced instantly I think. Walrus garages and Manta silos are not. Dram mentioned somewhere that it is beneficial to spare infrastructure, makes island gain defense strength more quickly. I once destroyed a harbor and then took the island, I never saw it get connected to the network after that.

I prefer to take out anything that can attack me as well as all the {P} production and {H} air facilities, because I spend all my time useing mantas to clear the way for my walrus that have no armor (spent all my money on manta stuff).

Edited by Tontow