Sign in to follow this  
SPidyy

Global IA need a real boost

Hello,

Just a whinning post to express my frustration playing with Carrier Command's AI.

I'm having a hell of a time in the campaign because of the execution time of the units. By execution time, I'm not speaking of a latency between the command and the beginning of the execution of my units, I'm speaking about the pathfinding, with is just awfull. :(

- The manta don't know how to optimize their altitude. Either they fly too low or they don't get around the building to reach their current target. Meaning they need 5 minutes to find the right angle to shoot the target and 3 seconds to destroy it.

- The walrus are like "cowards", in the mean they take extra precausion to not have accidents... It's good in a way, but not when they need to get out of a fight extra quickly, or when they need to closely follow me through the "assist" command. They also often get stuck between the gates of bases because they are doing a horrible half turn... Or sometimes just goes backward and foreward without reason.

- The walrus don't know the "use" button. If I tell them to ressuply/repair/refuel to a station, they get to it and then wait... Doing nothing. I have to access them, clique the "use" button and resume the program myself. :(

- Each vehicle move independently, thus they collide between each other or hinder each other's route. Would be good to see them moving as a unit when receiving a common command, so they move in formation or something like that.

I'm playing on Steam version, the game is great but I'm loosing all the fun I was expecting because of the AI. You did a good job on Operation Flashpoint's IA, but this one need a serious revamp. Please patch it!

Spidyy

Edited by SPidyy

- The walrus don't know the "use" button. If I tell them to ressuply/repair/refuel to a station, they get to it and then wait... Doing nothing. I have to access them, clique the "use" button and resume the program myself. :(

Spidyy

They can actually use the repair. refuel and re-arm stations, but you need to send them one at a time. If there is another walrus next to the station, I think their collision detection AI is preventing them from moving closer.

I think that they should implement it so that once a Walrus has finished repairing/refueling/re-arming it moves back a few metres so that other walrus' can use the station. Alternatively they could increase the range at which the station can be used.

Maybe not increase the range, but kind of allow a waiting zone near the stations, like if we can refuel 5 meters away from the station, the other vehicule wait their turn 15 meters away.

I bump this thread because AI is a big issue. None of the units can travel far distances because they usually get stuck somewhere along the way. If I leave them alone, they usually got their fuel depleted and I have to use my Mantas to carry those idiots back to my carrier. This IS a big issue. Please fix it.

Pathfinding is being addressed, read the News forum!

But the overall AI needs work. Fortunately, it can be modded. And I expect BI to improve it as well.

the game is great but I'm loosing all the fun I was expecting because of the AI. You did a good job on Operation Flashpoint's IA, but this one need a serious revamp. Please patch it!

+1

The game is awesome but the AI is just horrible... even when they are assisting you they are retarded let alone on their own.

The 'Frointer' island in the campaign with the destroyed cc that will not rebuild... it has the blue hologram thing but if you wait it never completes and if you leave island and come back its a pile of rubble again....

These kind of frustrations really destroy what is a great game... its a pattern I've noticed from BI, maybe they are starting to see the $$$ since dayz.