Sign in to follow this  
Bansheedragon

Need some help with a couple problems I encountered

I have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with, hoping someone has a solution.

The enemy carrier took the island Arachnid from me, and made it their stockpile island.

I decided to attack that island to take out their stockpile for a while, hoping it would slow them down for a bit.

Now for my problem:

When I arrive at the island it has scramblers, so I cant move my units very far.

Normally I would be told where they were and attack them.

But in this case the game seems to jump back to the tutorial.

After I am told about the scramblers, I am told to capture the command center with a hacking capsule, and the command center are marked as my objective.

It giving me the tutorial objectives instead of the objectives I'm supposed to have

Problem is I cant reach the command center because its outside my telemetry range due to the scramblers, and I have no idea where the scramblers are and as such cant take them out.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this problem?

I also have 2 additional questions I hope someone can answer.

1. The Hook

How does this thing work?

From what I understand I am supposed to be able to lift a walrus with it.

I can hook up the walrus no problem, but when I try to fly with it, I just crash into the ground.

I cannot move it anywhere, so how is this thing supposed to work?

2. Bombs.

Mantas can equip bombs, but how the hell do I fire them?

I have yet to figure out how to use the damn things, and as far as I know there are no firing mechanism for them.

Anyone know how to fire them?

The enemy carrier took the island Arachnid from me, and made it their stockpile island.

I decided to attack that island to take out their stockpile for a while, hoping it would slow them down for a bit.

Now for my problem:

When I arrive at the island it has scramblers, so I cant move my units very far.

After I am told about the scramblers, I am told to capture the command center with a hacking capsule, and the command center are marked as my objective.

It giving me the tutorial objectives instead of the objectives I'm supposed to have

Problem is I cant reach the command center because its outside my telemetry range due to the scramblers, and I have no idea where the scramblers are and as such cant take them out.

Assuming this is the campaign, then that is very strange. It should not restart the tutorial. In any case, try moving the Carrier around the island, looking for the scramblers visually, or alternatively send out a scout drone and look for it that way.

1. The Hook

How does this thing work?

From what I understand I am supposed to be able to lift a walrus with it.

I can hook up the walrus no problem, but when I try to fly with it, I just crash into the ground.

I cannot move it anywhere, so how is this thing supposed to work?

You need to pull the nose of the manta up a bit. Also use Elevate (default Q) to go up, that will give you some height. To release it press use again.

2. Bombs.

Mantas can equip bombs, but how the hell do I fire them?

I have yet to figure out how to use the damn things, and as far as I know there are no firing mechanism for them.

Anyone know how to fire them?

Switch weapon to bombs (default Mouse Wheel Up/Down) and left click to fire. Though I warn you, have some height, their blast radius is large.

Assuming this is the campaign, then that is very strange. It should not restart the tutorial. In any case, try moving the Carrier around the island, looking for the scramblers visually, or alternatively send out a scout drone and look for it that way.

Yes this is during the campaign, after I captured fulcrum of course since the enemy carrier is now on the move.

I dont have the scout drone yet, I did not get it after my assault on fulcrum so I assume I get it later.

I wonder if this issue is simply a bug, that causes the game to think its still in the tutorial

You need to pull the nose of the manta up a bit. Also use Elevate (default Q) to go up, that will give you some height. To release it press use again.

Switch weapon to bombs (default Mouse Wheel Up/Down) and left click to fire. Though I warn you, have some height, their blast radius is large.

I'll try with the hook again, see if I can get it working.

I'll look into the bomb as well, last I tried I used the Semicolon button and that only changed between my equipped lasers and missiles, but not the bomb.

Update:

I have tested the hook and the bomb, and can now operate them as I had expected.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Bansheedragon

Now for my problem:

I can confirm this, happened to me as well.

Now for my problem:

I have an update on this problem here.

I managed to retake Arachnid as suggested by Dram, but I now encountered a new problem.

It seems the game thinks that you are still doing the tutorial when you try to retake Arachnid.

After Taking the Island, my carrier will no longer repair, rearm or refuel my Mantas and Walruses.

Its as if the game is suddenly stuck in tutorial mode.

I hope you guys at BI can take a look at this and fix it soon.

Until there is a fix for this problem, my recommendation is to avoid taking the island at all.

Let the AI have it and go for other islands.