Sign in to follow this  
SGXander

Campeign problems

So i took fulcrum today (slow on the campeign front but i like to see everything)

now that its done and i have mor islands to explore i decided to take duessa then terminus...

all good so far then i heard "ISLAND UNDER ATTACK SIR, THE ENEMY ARE TRYING TO TAKE IT FROM US!" so i decided to check it out but before i can get there its gone. and the next and the next after that. im to the point now where im following this carrier? around tring to stop it taking islands but as soon as i show up at the island that is "under attack" its gone and moments later its another island. no matter how fast i shift (even anticipating the next target) i still cant catch this a**hole.

anyone else got this problem? worse than skirmish since i cant actually win at the moment im now stuck unable to take any island for fear of loosing 2 or even 3 in the process...

update: now caught it after 2 laps of the archapelago but each time i run into it it breezes off with uber engines...

It is normal that the enemy Carrier captures islands so the best thing would be to ignore it and find the Torpedos to sink it. I wouldn't advice a direct Attack because you have 0 chance without Torpedos or Tomahawks.

It is normal that the enemy Carrier captures islands so the best thing would be to ignore it and find the Torpedos to sink it. I wouldn't advice a direct Attack because you have 0 chance without Torpedos or Tomahawks.

on the contrary i skipped ahead let it capture one more then took it head on with a plasma-cannon ram-raid. worked a treat... no torps required... still 2 hours of my life i would dearly love back...

Wow , good job then. I tried it Multiple times and the Carrier smashed me.

I don't like how it becomes just a chasing game when the enemy carrier starts attacking islands. He takes them too fast so you feel compelled to stop everything and pursue and destroy it all costs. That might not be so bad except that once you get the hang of chasing down the carrier it becomes too easy to kill it so it then results in a short disappointing game of deja vous. If they can make the enemy carrier capture islands just a little bit slower and also make him a bit stronger in battles somehow it will improve the overall gameplay quite a bit. I don't mind chasing him and fighting him over islands, that is the game after all, but it would be nice if he gave you a run for your money and survived the odd battle and returned to fight another day. It would make for a longer more satisfying game.

I don't like how it becomes just a chasing game when the enemy carrier starts attacking islands. He takes them too fast so you feel compelled to stop everything and pursue and destroy it all costs. That might not be so bad except that once you get the hang of chasing down the carrier it becomes too easy to kill it so it then results in a short disappointing game of deja vous. If they can make the enemy carrier capture islands just a little bit slower and also make him a bit stronger in battles somehow it will improve the overall gameplay quite a bit. I don't mind chasing him and fighting him over islands, that is the game after all, but it would be nice if he gave you a run for your money and survived the odd battle and returned to fight another day. It would make for a longer more satisfying game.

amen. i would really like it if they just made it fair. enemy carrier is same speed so you can at least keep up and if you rock up at an island and he is still attacking then you should see his mantas/walrus' on the island (catch him with his pants down so to speak). gets really boring going to an island and scaring him off then doing it again and again. like i said above i have been roung the whole group of islands twice trying to catch the little sod all because he is too scared to fight and the only method of attack he knows is the magic take an island while no one is looking...

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Wow , good job then. I tried it Multiple times and the Carrier smashed me.

yeah not sure if glitch or not. i find in skirmishes the ram-raid works on 100% of enemy carriers even though it batters yours quite bad if you can bring your main gun online quick afterward and take out his engines you end up picking him off with the bow-cannon and he cant do a thing cos he's showing his ass and at best thats flak deck guns so easy to nail.

also this strategy has no walrus/manta losses...

The way the enemy re-takes islands does seem unfair. It took me a good couple of hours to take Sanctuary in the campaign as it has scramblers and a cliff all the way around it making it difficult to get to the scramblers. Anyway after a couple of hours of slowly taking each scrambler and moving my ship around the island, I eventually conquered it and moved on to the next island. Then WHAM in 15 minutes the enemy had re-taken Sanctuary. After playing the game all evening I am no further on than when I started - it kind of knocks the fun out of it.

As a player it is hard to take out islands with scramblers quickly, yet it seems that it's just a dice roll for the enemy when he takes an island depending on whether it is weak, medium, strong, very strong or deadly. Seems a bit of a cop-out to me.

I was hoping to be able to win the islands one by one resulting in a face off with the enemy, but he is taking two or three islands every time I take one, so it seems the best way to win is to just find him and kill him as soon as possible. That doesn't seem right to me.

There's a good game in here somewhere, but at the moment it seems like it's more effort than fun to play.

The enemy carrier has uber radar and can see you a mile away.

Even in beta, the enemy carrer never lauched any units. But it should be able to launch units and I should be able to fight those units.

There's a good game in here somewhere, but at the moment it seems like it's more effort than fun to play.

This sums up my impressions of the game so far... this game should be so much more than it is with the current technology available...