Sign in to follow this  
louthelou

Mission help

I'm posting this here because the campaign mission help thread in the forum rules sends me to an ARMA-only thread. That being said, this is either a bug, or I'm stupid. Someone help me, please:

I'm taking over the third island (Treasure). I disable the turrets and send my Walrus in, only to realize it doesn't have a hacking capsule. The capsule is nowhere to be found. I reload a previous save to discover that the capsule I had on the previous mission becomes "disabled" immediately after I use it on the second island, and disappears as soon as the Walrus docks to leave for Treasure, thereby leaving me without a capsule for that Command Center. Also, my carrier isn't holding one/I can't Equip a new one.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something totally obvious? Because as it stands, I can't continue past this beginning phase of the game.

Capsules are "single use" only. They are consumed when you use one. Not exacly sensible for a hack module, but that is the way it is (and was). With that said - go to equip with the walrus docked. You should have another hack capsule available. At least - I did.

Ok, single-use capsules explains part of it, but no, I don't have another one in my carrier. Loading the Mission Start autosave for Treasure has the guy telling me to open the Equip context menu to see some equipment that someone found, but all it contains is another machine gun - "HACK-CAPSULE" reads 0. :(

I havent goten that far yet (Called it a night just as that mission started), but dies the island have a headquarters building you can hack that night give you the Item?

Not that I can see - after hacking the second island (Arachnid), there's nothing to do on that island except repair/rearm/refuel. On Treasure (third island), I haven't found any interactable buildings besides r/r/r and the Command Center. There are other buildings, but nothing that appears to be hackable. However, even if there were, I don't have a capsule to hack it with. That's the whole problem. ;)

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Ok. Since there doesn't appear to be a quick answer (or at least, not one that anyone is aware of), I'm going to start over completely, new profile and everything. I'll post back in a while when I get there again with the results.

If it's still broken when I get back there, I'mma be pissed. lol

YOu can hack any other hackable building with any walrus. Its just the command center that needs the Hacking module

Sounds like a scripting issue - you may have to reload from arachnid and redo that section to see if you get one. I assure you - I did get another.

On treasure you should head up to the refinery and interact with the red panel in front of it. You get a manta for your troubles and can then continue.

But I'm having I'm having a similar problem.

The next island over, Frontier I think, my walrus with the only hacking module got destroyed. Resuming/loading a save (frontier auto start) at the start of the island instantly fails the game with a "you have no hacking modules left". Wtf? Saves remember lost future equipment? Odd.

Starting from scratch fixed the problem. At the start of the mission, when Equip is first enabled, my carrier is now given the equipment I need to complete the Treasure mission. It is a bug. Before starting over, I went as far back as before I used the hacking capsule on Arachnid, to make sure I wasn't supposed to keep that one (before I knew about them being one-time use). I verified my game cache through Steam (all files verified successfully) and started with a new profile to avoid any potential game corruption, and it has fixed my problem.

When I was working with the bugged game, either of my Warluses being destroyed caused a game over due to my only hacking capsule being destroyed as well, even though niether of them had one at the time because of the bug. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was voluntarily load a saved game (i.e. not a load from dying), possibly multiple times on the first playthrough, not once on the second.

On another note: is it just me, or does the Predator live on Treasure?

Edited by louthelou