Just assembled my new system:

XP1600

GF4Ti4200 (4nsDDR)

SBLive

512MB SDRam

Win2K, SP2

My settings:

1024x768x32, 4xAA, OFP max settings.

I still got only 17 FPS in the missions Battlefields. WHY???

(Using FRAPS)

Damn, what did i wrong?

So LONG

Turn off 4xAA - that usually gives you a hit of 50 - 70 % drop in framerate.

Try without any and then try 2xAA and see how it goes.

If that doesn't help then maybe there is something wrong with your drivers or config - does it perform ok in other games/benchmarks etc?

Mohaa indoors hits 100 fps _with_ 4xAA

Mohaa Omaha, 20 ppl, mg firing, drops to 25 lowest - _with_ 4xaa, options "full throttle"

You cannot compare mohaa and Opf, completely different types of engine, completely different type of game and completely different strain on the computer.

Your performance is probably not too far from expected. To give you a comparison, here's my stats:

CPU: Athlon 1.2ghz

VID: Geforce3ti200 (220/480)

RAM: 512mb (pc2100)

MB: Asus A7M266

3DMark2001SE: 6500

I run at 1024x768x32 with No FSAA and No Shadows.

I get ~15fps average (during the charge as contact is made).

So even though your system is significantly faster than mine, your detail settings are also significantly higher. With similar settings, I can get as low as 5fps. All those soldiers on 'Battlefields' generate a lot of shadow polygons. Try turning that off.

will try that, thx

Christ man, just turn of AA!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck @ July 01 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Christ man, just turn of AA!<span id='postcolor'>

Neither the GeForce4 Ti4200 nor the GeForce3 Ti200 will take much of a hit doing FSAA at those resolutions.

Some people really don't seem to know what AA really is.

When playing at 1280*1024 and 4*AA ON, you're forcing your Graphicscard to render the Game at 4*1280 width and 4*1024 height in the Background an THEN calculate it down to your chosen Resolution (1280*1024)!

That's 5120 * 4096! Would you play with these settings?

Man, turn OFF AntiAliasing!

Instead of playing at 1024*768 4*AA, I would play at 1280*960 AA OFF!

Looks better, runs smoother!

Even Quincunx drops your frame rate. Battlefields is a CPU/GPU intensive map too.

The GF3 and GF4 cards can handle 2x or Quincunx FSAA with no problem at those resolutions, you will notice only a slight decrease in framerates.

If you use 2x, you will theoretically use up to four times the memory bandwidth, but in practice that isn't the case due to how NVIDIA's Lightspeed Memory Architecture (LMA / LMA II) manages memory. And if you aren't using the full bandwidth of the crossbar memory controller, who cares? Besides, OFP (and games in general) look much nicer with FSAA on -- I can't believe how much worse everything looks when I turn FSAA off.