Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

Well heres some other random thoughts:

Missions have a time limit to complete:

Why?

- Well some missions are not deemed important by some players

- Sometimes players use the missions as an ambush point with no intention of clearing the mission.

- Some players attempt to complete the mission and are killed by AI.

- Sometime sides are engaged and will not break offto take the objective.

Limiting the mission time allows the next mission to cycle without holding up the rest of the server.

Moving Missions:

Convoy - As mentioned before convoy missions start from an announced location and move to another announced location. The route is not determined by one road. As the convoy moves they will engage all players and once the convoy reaches it's end point the related objects are removed. Convoys are made up of 2 armed vehicles and a couple of cargo trucks each truck as a useful cargo. Protecting the convoy is 2 technical vehicles wich will kill the engage the players if they are disabled 12 AI will dismount on contact and kill the players in the area, remount and move on.

Hostile Helo - An AI helo buzzes around the map and harrasses players until the players damage the vehicle and it is forced to set down inside the vehicle cargo are some useful items /food/ kits/ guns however the crew puts up a fight at the touch down site.

Farms of Plenty:

There are a ton of farms around the map but not a dam thing grows at them? Beyond animal spawns food bags spawn near the farm houses along with water. Thus making a relistic search for food in a place where it comes from ( Duh ) Be aware of the angry farmer guarding his stuff!

Well due to lack of Tonics interest I'm off to do something else.

The AI still hunts the gunshops.

Basically pulled out of the guglovo gun shop ( Center ) and was two shot killed by AI while driving the SPG technical.

The mission is indeed built dynamically. I've used it on Lingor & Pantherea, there are only a few things required to change it up for a different map and that's removing AEG, repositioning the gun stores. A issue that I ran into as far as side missions goes that needs to be tweaked is if some islands are missing area's being defined such as Hill or FlatArea. On Panthera I had to find areas and create locations for 'Flatarea' for the side missions to work. But so long as those are defined in a map everything will work just fine just have to remove AEG & AEG markers along with repositioning gun stores. I started working on presets for a server-side config to automatically shift gunstores to fixed positions, etc.

Although i've been trying to bug my friend to build a large wastelandish map for me for awhile to make it the official map for Wasteland.. And was planning to use Icewindo's Apocalyptic Units.

If you would like I can alter my old Jade Groove map, add new regions, change stuff around, etc. just let me know, skype: icebreakr

We're running a Wasteland server on Island Panthera, persistent world for at least couple of days.

Filter server: sbp

Required: Island Panthera only.

Edited by IceBreakr

Me and some friends are running a wasteland server at the moment and we've modified it to our liking. It seem though that some script kiddies can come on and move lots of objects around and cause everyone's FPS on the server to drop... Does anyone have a solution to this?

Me and some friends are running a wasteland server at the moment and we've modified it to our liking. It seem though that some script kiddies can come on and move lots of objects around and cause everyone's FPS on the server to drop... Does anyone have a solution to this?

Yeah, start using Battleye's anti-cheat measures and you won't have the issue. They have more then enough features crammed into it now to stop almost all script kiddies.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Wasteland Update

Version: 1DB

Notes:

This release of Wasteland I have added in something I feel that is a big change which is a weight system. Users are no longer restricted to fixed amounts of an item they can carry but better yet they now need to decide what they want to carry. If you want to hold 64 bottles of water, you can... But you can't carry any other survival items. Along with this change I have seen the community do what they do best and that is take a mission they like and modify it even more for stuff that they want, so with this update I have made core-features of Wasteland easier to modify such as the weight system, food, etc. To modify what an item weighs you can look in core\func\fnc_itemweight.sqf and to modify the max level of water / food you can look into core\client_vars.sqf along with this I have also added the ability to easily change what food sources give you how much towards your current hunger level labeled as i.e (waste_echicken = 15). In the next update that I will be working on I will be focusing more on Side missions & AI. I plan to redo the side mission system, refine it and bring a lot more side missions to Wasteland as well as balance the random AI squads and make it feel more like a Wasteland.

Change log:

Fixed: Players were able to rapidly use the gut action on animals resulting in a dupe.

Fixed: Players would spawn in the debug lands.

Fixed: AI should no longer travel into a gun store area (approx 350m).

Fixed: AI should no longer attack near a gun store.

Changed: Gun prices at the gun store have changed to add rarity.

Added: Cool down for placing a spawn beacon, implaced to stop people from bypassing the limitor.

Changed: Roaming AI are now controlled by the server.

Changed: AI should now attack civilians and rogue players while in cars.

Changed: Backpacks are removed on player spawn to prevent units with backpacks spawning with mines, etc.

Added: HUD system for food/water.

Changed: Various civilian units were changed to PMC units to enable civilians to use backpacks.

Fixed: Animals stopped spawning for some reason only rabbits would spawn.

Added: Weight System, the player inventory is now a weight like system.

Fixed: Spawn beacons will no longer injure a unit when placed.

Changed: Gutting system revamped and rabbits can be gutted again.

Added: JIP System, players can no longer team swap in a 30 minute time period and can no longer regain food when reconnecting.

Changed: Player Inventory menu - You can now drop multiple times of the selected item and menu updates.

Changed: Military Offroad Ambulances are now considered military and won't spawn in a ridiculous number.

Download:

Dev-Heaven

Armafiles.info (My Server)

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hi, good work.

Its posible one Parameter for change the time at Realtime ?

Or is that undesirable ?

Hi, good work.

Its posible one Parameter for change the time at Realtime ?

Or is that undesirable ?

I can do that in the next update.

To make sure, you would like the ability to switch between Real time (ArmA) and Fast time as a parameter?

Yes, the normal time wie in arma, 1hour is 1 hour. This smal lags wenn the time change is not good. Better the normal time, 1 day is 24 hours.

Sorry, my bad englisch. Thanks.

Hi All,

Great mod... so much so that we want to host it on our own server, however when we add the .pbo to our MPmission folder on the server and launch... the game hangs in the w"waiting for host" screen and never starts.

Sorry if im missing the obvious but I noticed a folder called server in the package, should I be installing that in a specific place server side?

Hi All,

Great mod... so much so that we want to host it on our own server, however when we add the .pbo to our MPmission folder on the server and launch... the game hangs in the w"waiting for host" screen and never starts.

Sorry if im missing the obvious but I noticed a folder called server in the package, should I be installing that in a specific place server side?

Sounds like server-side configuration issues. Something that I don't offer support for, sorry.

So whats the server folder about in the .pbo when you extract it. we can get the mod to start but no vehicles or loot appear..........

is the install simply drop the pbo into the mpmission folder server side? what is the server command line... we run ARMA 2 CO

the server folder needs to stay inside the mission, all you do is put the mission in mpmissions, configure the server and start it.

If nothing is spawning make sure you downloaded the correct version which is V1DB

I have a problem with joining wastelands servers. When i go to connect it says in the chat that i'm missing some files and it kicks me off the server. If anyone has had this problem and knows the fix please tell me.

I have a problem with joining wastelands servers. When i go to connect it says in the chat that i'm missing some files and it kicks me off the server. If anyone has had this problem and knows the fix please tell me.

Wasteland is ran on Chernarus which is an ArmA 2 map. You will need to have ArmA 2: Combined Operations to play which is both ArmA 2 Operation arrowhead and ARmA 2 combined.

the server folder needs to stay inside the mission, all you do is put the mission in mpmissions, configure the server and start it.

If nothing is spawning make sure you downloaded the correct version which is V1DB

Can i have some info on specific server config settings, ours was running arma 2 CO fine, is the links to V1DB

Trigga

Are you using Tonic's original version, or one of the modified versions of Wasteland?

Also, make sure your parameters are set properly before you start the mission, you might have the vehicle spawn rate set to the minimum..

Thanks got it working.......runs well.

How can we intergrate extra missions etc... the ARMA2.RU version is very nice, what does it take to get it to that level?

Thanks got it working.......runs well.

How can we intergrate extra missions etc... the ARMA2.RU version is very nice, what does it take to get it to that level?

Learn how to code....:)

I managed to do some stuff with the help of guys on here.. Have to say though, imam way behind the level of these guys, and I still managed to implement some stuff..

love this game mode, so much potential for additions. I like the RU servers but i prefer the original cos its not as messy.

BIG props to tonic

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Hi All,

make sure u arent using the arma 2 beta, thats what i did. just launch ARma2OA

Thanks got it working and its very popular, I have basic coding knowledge and managed to write a few main and side missions, and edit the console. Need a little advice on getting the apple/water hud displayed on the hud and changing the water/food consumption rates.

Is there anyway bases/vehicles can be saved prior to server resets so the bases etc will be there after reset?

How can I increase the vehicle and loot spawn beyond the highest limit?

How can I increase the vehicle and loot spawn beyond the highest limit?

You will have to edit the mission, in the description.ext you can adjust the values higher in there.