Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

Ive had a heap of fun playing this mod over the last few weeks. Props to you Tonic.

Out of all the maps, Ive enjoyed Utes the most (on a 30 man server). There is a bit of spawn killing but apart from that it's genuine fast paced fun.

I'd love to see it implemented on Namalsk, if it hasnt already?

Thanks for the hard work Tonic, I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

Great mod. Very enjoyable.

May have been suggested elsewhere, but heres my 2 cents.

1. Major issue with movable items. You can lock them and unlock them... but players can and do unlock big items and use them as weapons. I had a guy unlock the giant base from undfer me just yesterday... after failing to get in and fight "fair". He was surely delighted at his "brilliance" and "strategy" but it totally ruined it for me. Whats is the point of building for hours & locking only to have it yanked out from under you...? Solution? Adjust the locking system somehow so that bases /bunkers / buildings can't just be unlocked and moved by opponents. Maybe a team or player tag to the lock? Opfor lock, bluefor lock, and individual player lock? I know that may create other issues... but I'd rather have "permanent" buildings to deal with than find myself dropping out of the air when my 2 story building vanishes from under me.

2. Lifespan of a server/game. Seems about 2-4 hours is the average lifespan of a server. By then all vehicles are collected, and theres just wrecks and bodies everywhere. Wrecks need to despawn. Dead bodies need to despawn. And as these clear, make new vehicles randomly spawn. I've seen a very few appear (dunno honestly how many) but not many IMO. Would really make the game more fun for even longer without having to reset the server.

Thanks much! Really is an awesome mod!

Great mod. Very enjoyable.

May have been suggested elsewhere, but heres my 2 cents.

1. Major issue with movable items. You can lock them and unlock them... but players can and do unlock big items and use them as weapons. I had a guy unlock the giant base from undfer me just yesterday... after failing to get in and fight "fair". He was surely delighted at his "brilliance" and "strategy" but it totally ruined it for me. Whats is the point of building for hours & locking only to have it yanked out from under you...? Solution? Adjust the locking system somehow so that bases /bunkers / buildings can't just be unlocked and moved by opponents. Maybe a team or player tag to the lock? Opfor lock, bluefor lock, and individual player lock? I know that may create other issues... but I'd rather have "permanent" buildings to deal with than find myself dropping out of the air when my 2 story building vanishes from under me.

2. Lifespan of a server/game. Seems about 2-4 hours is the average lifespan of a server. By then all vehicles are collected, and theres just wrecks and bodies everywhere. Wrecks need to despawn. Dead bodies need to despawn. And as these clear, make new vehicles randomly spawn. I've seen a very few appear (dunno honestly how many) but not many IMO. Would really make the game more fun for even longer without having to reset the server.

Thanks much! Really is an awesome mod!

Judging by the feedback you've just supplied you are playing a server using modified content. The current official version of wasteland doesn't have a 'locking' and 'unlocking' feature. This is a feature that was created by SaMatra in his version of wasteland. The official version has built in object locking to the specific team. Basically locks an object that you pick up and only your team can move it given you or your team mates are within the 150m radius when an enemy tries to pick it up.

As for the other question by another person in the official version the only supported map is Chernarus, utes is apart of SaMatra's version but in the next update I will be including support for various maps like Jade Groove, Panthera, Lingor, Namalsk, Taviani and some others.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hi I just started playing Wasteland today and it was fine for a few hours but all of the sudden I started getting some stuttering. Like ever 10-15 seconds it drops 5-6 frames for a second and goes back to normal. I don't understand this because I play everything else on arma with no stuttering, it's just wasteland.

my specs:

Asus M5A99x Evo Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHZ Six Core

Windows 7 64 Bit.

Hi I just started playing Wasteland today and it was fine for a few hours but all of the sudden I started getting some stuttering. Like ever 10-15 seconds it drops 5-6 frames for a second and goes back to normal. I don't understand this because I play everything else on arma with no stuttering, it's just wasteland.

Can you check your arma2oa.rpt for possible errors?

You might have to enable show hidden files.

It's on "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\Arma2OA.rpt".

my specs:

Asus M5A99x Evo Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHZ Six Core

Windows 7 64 Bit.

In the upcoming update for the official wasteland version a test fix will be implemented to fix this problem. I'm quite sure I know what the problem is and it's related to the fast time / time sync. The game engine has issues with skipping time ahead of 2 minutes and for some computers depending on what they're doing they stutter.

repost from another thread

been playing wasteland for a while now and the mod is awesome, but a few changes would be nice:

1)sniper classes shouldn't be given a ghillie suit. it just makes them ridiculously overpowered in PVP, and just makes base-sniping easier

2)sniper weapon in general should be greatly reduced. 95% of players should be using basic rifles/lmg's and shotguns. instead 95% are using sniper rifles. it completely kills the gameplay when the game boils down to a camp-fest.

3)thermal sights should be removed completely for obvious reasons

4)it'd be nice if vehicles/base supplies and weapons in general were harder to come by. force people to work together because right now lone-wolfing is too easy. find a single car and you have both transportation and weaponry. there's really no reason to work with other people

5)small bugs - like disabled vehicles being accessible and having their weaponry full intact. it seems like every game some players just hops in a tank turret and kills everyone that actually bothers fixing it. the only way to deal with the situation is to destroy the tank

Hey guys, trying to figure a few things out. I want to add donate perks to my server. I want it to be like if Johnny donates 5 bucks, and gives me his GUID, when he enters the server he gets 500 cash. I just dont know how or what file to edit. Im thinking it's the mission file, but i could be completely wrong.

Can anyone help me out? I also have teamspeak/skype where we could talk as well.

would you mind adding a parameter in the lobby, so admin can either do fasttime or normal time? cause i don't want to have the time skips. Or can you tell me the actual line in the scripts so i can comment it out or so?

btw. : What is the difference between your version and that 404 Wasteland version? I have no clue about this mission

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Been busy lately and haven't been able to answer questions but maybe this will make people happy. Just take a guess at what this will do :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/5bs287.png (2658 kB)

Why won't it let me put the img? ERR!

Been busy lately and haven't been able to answer questions but maybe this will make people happy. Just take a guess at what this will do :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/5bs287.png (2658 kB)

Why won't it let me put the img? ERR!

Epic! I am guessing it's gonna be limited to vehicles with a bed / space to allow a weapon attach? EX: pick up trucks, Supply trucks (open), etc etc. Not like SUVs, Cars, Vans.

Looks to be fun fun!

Epic! I am guessing it's gonna be limited to vehicles with a bed / space to allow a weapon attach? EX: pick up trucks, Supply trucks (open), etc etc. Not like SUVs, Cars, Vans.

Looks to be fun fun!

Correct!

There is one car that I wanted to throw in there to be silly and that's the GAZ Volha but it'll be funny to see it in action.

Right now it will support three Military offroads, the white pickup, the datsun, three Urals, three V3S's and!!!! a towing tractor :)

Once I get it going on my server in the test builds for the next release given the feedback i'll get i'll probably add a few more & the possibility to 'armorize' the vehicle, but at a high cost of course.

Here is a picture after finishing the coding for the menu...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2yu0p49.png (2342 kB)

Edited by Tonic-_-

I had to chuckle at the mounted MG on the towing tractor. Nicely done. Shop can be seen as realistic in the sense somebody is going to have the skill set for special weaponry and armor/armour. That skill set is going to come with a price. I'm guessing this is one possible route with this however this would be a NPC controlled station. Imagine if it was player controlled and the trade off one could have in being protected while providing a service and getting compensation? Anyway, as stated, nicely done sir.

repost from another thread

been playing wasteland for a while now and the mod is awesome, but a few changes would be nice:

1)sniper classes shouldn't be given a ghillie suit. it just makes them ridiculously overpowered in PVP, and just makes base-sniping easier

3)thermal sights should be removed completely for obvious reasons

I agree, having thermal in the game is just stupid. It should be removed.

Wasteland has taken over my life. I had never played ARMA before dayz, but now I cannot stop playing wasteland. I love the mission, has provided me with some of the most satisfying gaming experiences to date. I am making regular YouTube compilations of of our (inept) operations, please find the latest link below. I cannot wait to see how the latest versions play out. It's a shame the code base is so fragmented, having it as a centralised entity would make it much easier to promote to new users.

Is there any way to disable the AI encounters? Me and a friend are playing this on our private dedi and we're getting tired of getting AI-blazed every time we start to get a base going.

Edit:

Without muddling with the code, I mean.

Is there any way to disable the AI encounters? Me and a friend are playing this on our private dedi and we're getting tired of getting AI-blazed every time we start to get a base going.

Edit:

Currently no. The upcoming update will feature a list of options to disable and enable.

Here is a video demonstration of the new Trading post featuring the vehicle modification menu. Still a WIP and continuing to work on it.

Edited by Tonic-_-

hey guys.. I ported this one over to Namalsk, i don't know if everything's working fine, that's why it would be sweet if anybody would join us for some testing. Just filter for TGW , you only need Namalsk Island... cheers

hey guys.. I ported this one over to Namalsk, i don't know if everything's working fine, that's why it would be sweet if anybody would join us for some testing. Just filter for TGW , you only need Namalsk Island... cheers

The game wardens huh? Didn't think you guys were into this style of play. :P

it's only me and 2 other guys playing / using the server.. And i'm always up for sth. new..I like your mission, but i played cherna way too much, so i need new environments :)

Fruity

What version did you transfer to Namalsk?

Tonic's or 404's?

PS

Any chance of a copy of the mission file?

Edit:

Check your private messages.