Sign in to follow this  
Werki999

TOH will not start - wants to connect to the Internet - patch version 1.06

Dear all,

I ran TOH in version 1.05 for a long time and TOH always started OK upon clicking on the TOH icon.

Now, after version 1.06, when I click on the TOH icon, the first screen "Bohemia Interactive presents" comes up and stays on for an indefinite period of time.

Accessing the task manager by hitting strg-alt-del (strg-alt-entf) reveals that TOH wants to connect to the internet, so there are two processes, one is TOH and one is the internet log-in.

I do not allow internet access. My game computer is almost never online for fear of trojans and all (I do not play online and I stay away from STEAM).

The remedy is to dectivate the logging in-process in the task manager but leaving the TOH process going. Returning to the TOH welcome screen, now TOH loads and runs.

QUESTION:

How can I deactivate the log-in process in the first place? Meaning, how can I force TOH version 1.06 not to want to connect to the internet?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards Karl

No help?

Does it not bother anyone that TOH does not start unless you are online?

Please someone respond.

If the automatic connection cannot be prevented, I would also like to know.

Karl

Problem might be the "news services" in the main menu.

If you only allow the TKOH.exe in your firewall, there should be no way getting trojans and the like.

Yes, since DRM was removed in one of the earlier patches, the only active online elements are the main menu newsfeed and multiplayer itself. That also means that if you don't need these, and block the executable in your firewall, the game should still function.