Sign in to follow this  
davidbcohen001

how to kill a carrier?

ok so i got hit a couldn't escape. got killed even though my units were maxed with what i though was the best in beta but died anyway. any tips?

Don't deploy your units, they get pretty much instakilled by the carrier. Try to flank it and shoot the engines as well as the command center, then retreat and repeat. The enemy carrier soon runs out of fuel to repair itself and you can take it out piece by pice ;)

Deploy Walruses and use a single Manta to take out the engines (side pods) before starting on the defenses, once they are down you can get the rest of the Manta's up and running. Then throw everything at it until it dies .. .. ..

The key with the Manta is to stay as close to the sea as possible to ensure the enemy AA cannot start hitting you .. .. ..

G

We've been improving the behavior of the Carrier somewhat, so hopefully it will be a little more pleasant fighting against it now. Many changes have been made since the last beta. As I mentioned in another thread, we are releasing a new beta build soon.

Take care,

Martin Melicharek

Don't deploy your units, they get pretty much instakilled by the carrier. Try to flank it and shoot the engines as well as the command center, then retreat and repeat. The enemy carrier soon runs out of fuel to repair itself and you can take it out piece by pice ;)

I would disagree slightly. Once I see the enemy carrier I always deploy my units before contact, as the battle will probably knock my lifts out of action, which kind of leaves me stuck not able to do anything. I tuck my units well away from the fight, but in a position to help. Then I attack the carrier and try to take out some of its guns. If it launces units on me I immediately swap to another unit to let my defense guns rip the carrier units apart. After its units are dead it will usually run, But if Not I use my guns to take out his before sendingin my units.

Anyway, that leaves me with fully equipped units and him having to replace them all. Generally after a couple of battles like this he is dead in the water and I can finish off the islands at my leiusre. That probably wont work as well with a bigger load of Islands int he full game, but its still a good stratagy I think.

I also tend to run behind the lines and nuke the command center of his Islands rather than capture them. Makes sure he cant make use of them. :D