Sign in to follow this  
^Th0mas^

Question to devs about getting AI mods into vanilla version.

Thanks to some skilled people out there we now have a few AI mods to improve the AI. Zeus AI is one, but the best mods are probably the ASR AI and TPWC AI suppression mods. While none mods are perfect, these mods really make the AI behave differently. While reading trough the ArmA 2 community issue tracker I see that some of the most voted features people want in the game is for the AI to suppress, use cover, react to passing bullets ++++ .. These mods fix many of these issues, including some new stuff stuff the new AI have never done, but should.

So my question is; is it possible to use some of this in vanilla ArmA?

-mod="ASR;TPWC"

:)

A lot of community features like this kind of thing have found their way into the vanilla game. At this point however we're better to see about getting that kind of thing in ArmA3 instead of 2. AI is still very much a work in progress so we just might be able to!

Yes, and some of the mods developers have already said that they plan to port these mods over to ArmA 3 if they have, hopefully without to much work. I just wish it could be a official part of ArmA, not just mods.

Yeah updates for ARMA2 are slowly coming to a halt as we get closer to ARMA3, though the AI will definitely be better in 3.

There is no excuse for every running a vanilla server.

Stick that tiny ASR .pbo in the server files and let everyone else play your game as if nothing at all has happened.

Hoping for some significant AI improvement in 3, especially since a lot of AI mods for CO have made an impact. I think AI is near the top of my list for Arma 3!

My current mashup of GL4/ASR/TPWC Suppress-LOS/ACE/Blastcore is one of the most visceral and engaging gaming experiences Ive ever had. Ive literally been playing the 2nd mission of ACR campaign for a week now and never get bored!

I'd have to say that highest on my list of hopeful inclusion is the suppression system followed closely by high quality Blastcore like explosions and Ace weapon resting...ASR crouching...ok I could go on quite a ways here :o

The thing about AI mods is that they can only go so far laterally while real lasting and new improvements happen by the Devs vertically. BI raises it a notch -modders expand out on it.

Edited by froggyluv
Wrong Mission

My current mashup of GL4/ASR/TPWC Suppress-LOS/ACE/Blastcore is one of the most visceral and engaging gaming experiences Ive ever had. Ive literally been playing the 2nd mission of ACR campaign for a week now and never get bored!

I'd have to say that highest on my list of hopeful inclusion is the suppression system followed closely by high quality Blastcore like explosions and Ace weapon resting...ASR crouching...ok I could go on quite a ways here :o

The thing about AI mods is that they can only go so far laterally while real lasting and new improvements happen by the Devs vertically. BI raises it a notch -modders expand out on it.

Yes I love it to. These mods are made so the community can enjoy the AI a lot more, therefor I dont see why the devs can use it.