Sign in to follow this  
302_GySgt.Casey

Surrendering solders?

How about adding a command, that drops ur weapon, raises his hands in the air and stands up (or walks towards you - hands raised)?

Then you add new commands RESTRAIN PRISONER or COVER PRISONER. But this needs to be considered for add on.

It has been done but only with civilians. But its usaly only when you kill them. It was done by (Not entriely sure) G8 mod for their roiters.

but wouldnt be cool if u could beat captive intell the talk. but add another command to make them talk automaticly.

it would be cool depending on rank and class it would then show the current positions of enemy units like his squad and so on like when soptting things in vet mode where it gives a pic and when it was sighted there.

That's a good idea. I'd rather the last guy standing surrendered instead of run of way. I don't think the UN likes it when we kill all the survivors...

i didnt want to change my account but i seemed to when forums went down so now i have 2 ht ones i accdently used the other one when on another comp.

I think surrendering would be a nice feature. Even let the players do it, and instead of having to get past that extremely difficult mission, they could get captured and possibly go through a randomized 'escape' mission like in the campaign (not randomized in the campaign).

Can't you do a command yeah, where it detects how many people there are left in a certain area, and if it is less than say, 10, it does "this setcaptive true" and whatever the command is to put hands in air?

It is possible I think.

Someone try it and see.

there already is animation for putting hands on head. it drops weapon while doing so.

but they don't walk from that situation

go utilize official command reference and unofficial one made by LustyPooh and the others.

Yeah its a good idea especially if u used it in every mission. And when resistance comes out there are drop weapon commands built into the game, so you could have enemys drop there weapons and come running with their hands in the air to the place where the enemys are and you could walk up to them and order them to follow you and the order them to go pack to their hands on their head stance... then if more russians would attack the players position the russian might try to make a run for it and try to grab a gun.. then the players would have to empty a few bullets into them biggrin.gif

but make it random that there is say a 60-40 chance to surrender vs. fighting to simulate bravery, maybe different ratio if the fighting was done by elite soldiers such as spetznatz or blackops...

I believe this is more to do with Mission Editing than Addons, so therefore: moving to Mission Editing smile.gif