Sign in to follow this  
-gonzo-

SLX 1.1 Issue

Hi everybody,

I've got a little problem, i've been playing with the great SLX group link 3 addon. I also have ECP 1.085e installed. I've got some bugs that i tried to solve according to the readme's, but to no avail. For instance: When i throw a grenade, i get both the ECP model and the SLX model. The ECP model explodes with it's original effect but does not do any damage, the SLX one does! I tried, according to the readme, to edit the SLX_GL3_settings.SQF to try and put the handgrenade in the exclude list, like this:

// Exclude shot effects from types of ammo, mags, weapons, units.

//SLX_Exclude = [{Handgrenade},{Throw}]

SLX_Exclude = [{WGL_RucksackAlice},{WGL_Throw},{Handgrenade},{Throw}];

But it doesnt work! I execute the SLX group link 3 directly from addon (in the editor i place trigger, according to readme). Sometimes, I get CTD's too when playing with GL3. Is there some kind of compatibility problem that i should be aware of? Or is it impossible to play GL3 with ECP installed?

Thanking you in advance :p

-Gonzo-

SLX is extremely buggy and unstable mod if that helps you.

The major problem you're facing is that :

-ECP has lots of scripts and functions running for the players, vehicles, and various objects.

-SLX (and its GL3) has lotsof scripts and functions for the same reasons

So by using ECP + SLX you're going to have a very lot of scripts and functions running at the same time with the very likely possibility of some of them conflicting with each other, leading into even more problems and crashes.