Sign in to follow this  
Bullfrog1

Arma2 Update

Arma2 has been left in the dust, OA, PMC, BAF,and now ACR are all around better.

For some comparison OA has working flashlights/peq 15 the Eotec is more clean than the Arma2 version

I ask for an update that improves/polish the features of Arma2 to catch it up with the other games.

Including tanks/planes not just the infantry aspect of the game, I just used that as an example.

Pretty sure they've said before that the effort needed to upgrade all ArmA2 content to OA/DLC standard wouldn't be worth the time and effort (and they can't really charge you for what you already bought - even though I'd buy ArmA2:2012 Update in an instant!) that would pull away from new patch development or even take from ArmA3.

Best to just use Robert Hammer weapons or other wonderful community content.

Pretty sure they've said before that the effort needed to upgrade all ArmA2 content to OA/DLC standard wouldn't be worth the time and effort (and they can't really charge you for what you already bought - even though I'd buy ArmA2:2012 Update in an instant!) that would pull away from new patch development or even take from ArmA3.

Best to just use Robert Hammer weapons or other wonderful community content.

I normally use Community mods/addons but not all servers allow that, I still believe a vanilla Arma2 should meet the same standards of the rest of DLC . Arma2 is like the short bus of the Arma franchise at the moment, and it has some of the best content M16/Smaw/USMC/F35 etc.

It's understandable that they couldn't do it, specially with them working on Arma3 and other patches.

Just an idea, What if the community did the work and gave it to them to patch in/DLC it. I mean I would pay for an upgrade, I think the core Arma community would in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that's the problem it would have to be official BIS otherwise we're back at having to use a mod again. Like you, I'd totally buy upgraded units! :) Maybe some other bored programmer at BIS can make it happen. If we can get zombies, surely we can get useable equipment.

I normally use Community mods/addons but not all servers allow that

Find a server that runs the mission you like, and nicly ask the admin to allow the mods you like. Im always

as a server admin open for clients wishes for mods, as long as they dont give advantages or mess with gameplay.

Yeah, that's the problem it would have to be official BIS otherwise we're back at having to use a mod again. Like you, I'd totally buy upgraded units! :) Maybe some other bored programmer at BIS can make it happen. If we can get zombies, surely we can get useable equipment.

I'm no programmer so I wouldn't know, but it seems like it would be relatively easy to copy the mechanics from OA and put them in Arma2.

how USMC/RU units can't use backpacks is such a pain in vanilla servers =(

basically just to get it up to OA standards, you have to run ACE and you pretty much need a computer engineering degree to get that working. I don't want ACE to be vanilla Arma.

you can see in the warfare servers, People will chose DLC content over Arma2 content because it is better. When in reality they would both be the same.

You wish, I bet BIS won't do that. These means lots of extra work. BIS now is focusing 99%of their energy on ArmA3.

That is understandable.

though idk.. they did just create a entire new DLC for Arma2.

You wish, I bet BIS won't do that. These means lots of extra work. BIS now is focusing 99%of their energy on ArmA3.

That kinda justifies the 1% on ArmA 2 :P