Sign in to follow this  
MMrrTT

Arma II strange textures

That is because your current character model the DayZ is using, is from PMC DLC - which you didn't buy, so you have only the LITE version of it => blurry textures.

So, this is normal and there's no such textures in original Arma II or Arma II OA?

Still it's a little wierd not to provide all textures in good quality for full version of Arma II and OA.

Are there any other textures which would improve after obtaining DLCs?

You got it completely WRONG.

Full version of Arma2 and OA have ALL their textures in full resolution.

You are missing a DLC - the Private Military Company, which is sold SEPARATEDLY, but for compatibility reasons, OA contains a "LITE" version of this DLC.

Because it is a "LITE" version those textures provided by this DLC are blurry.

The thing is, DLCs are being sold, to make profit, which would be rather pointless if such DLCs would be given to you in FULL quality for FREE.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Are there any other textures which would improve after obtaining DLCs?

Not sure, you should probably ask these questions in the DayZ forums.

I think I got it. It's the "problem" of DayZ which uses these low-res textures and if I play original Arma II all textures would be good. Then it's strange that DayZ uses "free" textures from DLC instead of using full-size ones.

Thank you.

Offtop: Why do u use avatar from a CD called "Walruses"? ;)

I think I got it. It's the "problem" of DayZ which uses these low-res textures and if I play original Arma II all textures would be good. Then it's strange that DayZ uses "free" textures from DLC instead of using full-size ones.

Thank you.

Not strange, because they will not give free high res textures to those who didn't buy the DLC.

Thank you.

DayZ isn't the problem, they use soldiers from the PMC DLC and if you buy it you will see that the textures are more detailed.

If you join any other server that uses the PMC soldiers or vehicles and weapons they will be blurry as you havn't bought it.

The problem is why do they use those models? Why should use models from Arma II OA?

The problem is why do they use those models? Why should use models from Arma II OA?

How is that a problem?

That's the problem for me because the textures are not good. It's not pleasant.

That's the problem for me because the textures are not good. It's not pleasant.

So buy the DLC...problem solved.

What units DayZ uses or not should be discussed in the DayZ forums and not here. Since the original "problem" is solved, this thread can be closed.