Sign in to follow this  
=SappeR=

2s25 "Sprut-SD" Tank Destroyer

2s25 "Sprut-SD" v1.1

citizensnip (flashpoint.ru) posted for free access this not completed addon anti-tank self-propelled gun 2S25 "Sprut-SD" for arma2.

I decided refine a bit, optimize for OFP and release it. :rolleyes:

And I hope you enjoy. :)

mfm2s25sprutsd11low.jpg

========

Downloads v1.0:

01-Download (mediafire.com)

02-Download (narod.ru)

========

Downloads v1.1:

01-Download (mediafire.com)

02-Download (narod.ru)

03-Download (OFPr.info)

========

More images here.

========

More information in the readme. :p

Edited by =SappeR=

That's how I like the new releases, out of the blue. It looks great, thank you for bringing it to old Ofp..

This addon is very laggy. If I insert more than one unit, even on desert island, FPS slow down.

This addon is very laggy. If I insert more than one unit, even on desert island, FPS slow down.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by =SappeR=

Nice release! I haven't tested for performance.

But I have a few suggestions:

Make the commanders periscope able to rotate on external model.

The external model would probable look much better with a few sharp edges added to the hull and turret.

If the tank is suppose to be compatible to BIS armor you should weaken the armor so it does not take an BIS Abrams 2 shots to take it down as it is right now I can survive a hit to the turret though the crew will suffer it dosen't kill it completely. Which with its powerful gun makes it equal to the Abrams in tank on tank battles which is a bit unfair since its a light tank no way armored to withstand a shot from the Abrams.

STGN

Edited by STGN

M1Abrams: armor=900; (BIS)

2s25 "Sprut-SD": armor=290;

T55 have 300 armor; BMP - 200 armor (BIS)...

Abrams with one hit does not destroy but breaks turret and/or gun + kill gunner or commander...

By the way the main ammunition "Sprut-SD" is weaker than "INQ M1A2 SEP" (hit=900 against hit=945) ...

Abrams have 120mm gun. "Sprut-SD" have 125mm gun...

P.S. I do not know why such a weak armor does not destroy with one hit.

Edited by =SappeR=

Make the commanders periscope able to rotate on external model.

He does not rotate. :) (Img01;Img02;Img03)

I limit the viewing angles.

The external model would probable look much better with a few sharp edges added to the hull and turret.

All right. I will do. :)

Edited by =SappeR=

Well armor and penetration values are always difficult. From reading around then Sprut-SD has equal protection to a BMP(23mm AP protection)

M1A2 should have larger damage than Sprut-SD. Because the newer M829A2/3 rounds have longer and heavier penetrating rods compared to Russian 125 rounds. The autoloader in Russians legacy tanks limits how long and thus how heavy they can be. This means that despite the larger gun caliber of Russian guns there is less energy going down range. According to all the info I have seen the 3BM42 projectile which you use is roughly 2/3 the damage of M829A2 and roughly half of the A3.

The M1A2 SEP values seems to be in line with Common Armor value system. Using those values your round should do 490 in damage.

Oh I thought that thing in front of the hatch was a rotating periscope, thats what it seems like when you use the tank in game.

STGN

All what you have written is quite funny and full of prejudice. And You don't understand the formalities ? :mad:

I trying do it fair to the original game and some addons.

So I think "M1A2 SEP" exaggerated...

And how much Addons has been done on this table?

your round should do 490 in damage."

No, thanks... I think that in fact this gun is strong enough to deal effectively with the tanks. ("Sprut-SD" received an upgraded gun, different from those used in the tanks.)

That's what I want to realize in this addon.

Armor I made a fairly low ...

Edited by =SappeR=

It is? Formalities? What ever, didn't come here to argue, you do what you want. Would just like to say that it was not my intention to impose values on your addon was just trying to explain where the values used in the M1A2 addon came from, you don't have to use them, 490 is just the number they listed for the 3BM42. Instead of editing my words try to read things in context: "Using those values your round should do 490 in damage".

Now some basic fysics and food for thought:

(2003)M829A3 penetrator weights about 7kg and goes 1555m/s thats (7kg/2)x(1555m/s^2) = 8.5 MegaJoule

(1986)3BM42 penetrator weights 4.85KG and goes 1700m/s thats (4.85kg/2)x(1700m/s^2) = 7 MJ

STGN

Do you believe everything, what they write on the Internet? Oh .. I do not care.

All right, where was I wrong and why. I don't understand your use of the word "formalities" what was the meaning? Why is it wrong to think that a more recent weapon is more effective than an older one? Do you care to enlighten me?

STGN

Formalities. I mean conditional. (difficulties of translation)

All names of weapons it's all conditional. I make the concept of combat unit - tank destroyer.

That just a game - this can not do "Like in life"... Moreover, from where we know how it really is.

Why is it wrong to think that a more recent weapon is more effective than an older one?

Maybe because it is not proven? (New does not necessarily mean better.)

P.S. To believe anything - need to see with own eyes ... >_<

Edited by =SappeR=