Sign in to follow this  
Z0MBiE

Raising the Dead

Is there a way to make a dead unit come back to life after a certain amount of time? Would be a bit more realistic for my zombies than having them respawn out of thin air I think. :D

Edited by Z0MBiE

Is there a way to make a dead unit come back to life after a certain amount of time? Would be a bit more realistic for my zombies than having them respawn out of thin air I think.

not that i have found so far

even if you use a death animation it seems that you can not make the AI use any other animation after that on a deticated server you just endup with dead bodys moving around

have a look at my WALKING DEAD to see how i make biten AI turn into zombies.

Damn, I actually thought this would have been an easy one and was a silly question haha

Thanks for the reply anyway.

ArmA is a military simulator not a Zombie simulator, as much as DayZ might want to convince you otherwise. There's not a lot of raising the dead in war. :)

There's not a lot of raising the dead in war. :)

Oh??? What's respawning then!?

So it's not possible?

Well, in one of my zombie mission prototypes, I created a new unit to replace the dead one and made it assume a prone animation while initializing the zombie procedures for that unit. Not exactly pretty, but it conveyed the point.

Oh??? What's respawning then!?

A less offensive version of reincarnation as a bird. :P

Well, in one of my zombie mission prototypes, I created a new unit to replace the dead one and made it assume a prone animation while initializing the zombie procedures for that unit. Not exactly pretty, but it conveyed the point.

That's a good idea, but yeah I can imagine it's not pretty haha. Thanks for the reply. :)

not that i have found so far

even if you use a death animation it seems that you can not make the AI use any other animation after that on a deticated server you just endup with dead bodys moving around

have a look at my WALKING DEAD to see how i make biten AI turn into zombies.

could try the "agony_start" animation, that makes them drop to the ground and lie in a way that looks dead, after can playaction "agony_end" to make it look like they are back up.

You would probably need a handledamage EH to make sure the unit does not get killed, then setdamage some body part to make him look dead, then playactions