Sign in to follow this  
Darkanima270

BattlEye causing my game Lagging/Stuttering

Ok so i managed to figure out what the problem was for the last week without success, I'm not english but i will to make it more clear as possible.

When we've been forced to upgrade our lastest version of arma 2 oa, from the 95054 to the 95248 because the servers have been all rebooted with this new patch, i patched the game and started playing (dayz mod ofc) but the game has started stuttering like hell, i get a stutter every 0.5 seconds, and other 0.5 seconds without stutters, it dosn't go away, just keeps stutter-looping endlessy, its simply unplayable. After a while i entered in a server, everything was running smooth and good fps (lowest settings because my pc sucks). After a couple of minutes, i noticed what caused the stutters to begin again, on the left bottom of the screen a message appear from the server:

BattlEye client: Server requiring client version 1.165 up-to-date

BattlEye client: Server computed GUID: (a lot of numbers and letters)

Suddently...stutters begun again endlessy.

After viewing this, i tryied to enter in a couple of servers without battleye being ON, and how i predicted, the game was running smooth and fine again.

This, as i said, is whats happening since i've been forced to get the new patch 95248.

I tryied everything i knew to fix it, Run thru steam, Six Launcher and then close it, add the option -winxp, reinstalled every beta aviable before 95054, reinstalled battleye, downloaded the new files on battleye website, repaired the game from steam, delete cfg files and change resolutions and stuff. NOTHING of this worked. Hope you guys can help me out, i also rent a server a couple of weeks ago and now i cannot play on it -.-

edit: my current version is 95389

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

bumps

What do you mean by "pc sucks"? I haven't really noticed any performance issues in the latest patch, caused by BattlEye or otherwise, but if you have a lower end CPU that might explain things.

By the way, one thing I would recommend doing is defragmenting your hard drive after installing an Arma patch. It can help with certain stuttering issues, because Arma streams a lot of data from the HD.

lol, i played the last two months without geetting this extreme amount of lag and stutters, my computer sucks, yeah, because i'm playing with an old nvidia 8800 gtx, amd quadcore 2,5 ghz and 4gb ram in 1280x1024. STILL, i never had problems with arma 2 because i could play it in medium settings, dayz was much more heavy so i keept playing with low details but 60 fps were there, now when i login a server i'm around 15-20 fps and an infinite amount of stutters. All this caused by the last patch (21 july if i remember correctly). I also reinstalled the game tonight clearing the folder and rebooting my pc before installing it again. Obviously it didn't fix anything.

Well, if you can consistently reproduce the issue and prove that it's BattlEye causing the problem, I would suggest creating a bug ticket for it and trying to get it some dev attention. A complaint in the form of a forum post usually won't cut it.

The easiest way to repro would be to start up a the dedicated server exe locally and run an empty mission, first with and then without BattlEye. If you still see the performance issues, then there can be no doubt about what is causing the problem.

Are you using some kind of security software (anti-virus, etc.) on your system?

yep, antivirus malware and avast

Could you try to disable them and test again?

Same Problem here, can not join any DayZ Server with BattleEye since the last updates. Normal Arma2 Servers work without any problem.

Version: 95248

Could you try to disable them and test again?

Done, still stuttering and lagging with both antivirus disabled

Done, still stuttering and lagging with both antivirus disabled

Could you try to uninstall them (temporarily) and test again? Very often disabling isn't enough to completely prevent them from running.

Also, as suggested by MadDogX, please try to check if this problem appears only if BE is enabled. You can disable BE by putting "BattlEye = 0;" in your server.cfg.

Done, i uninstalled avast antivirus and now the game became smooth again, wow...thats sucks, i mean ok i'll play without avast for some day but i hope you will update soon this little problem, thanks for help have a good day

Maybe you should get in contact with Avast and ask them to update :)

There are lots of free alternatives - on my server i use Microsoft Security Essantials,

its free and gives me no problems on my Arma2 server.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

recently BE updated to 1.160

and because default target/destinationinstallation folder for A2 had limited write-access for restricted user accounts[and appz run w/o "run as administrator thru UAC"], Windows modern operating systems[Vista and Win8] virtualize data, written by restricted users to unaccesible/RO[for them]destination in their %APPDATA%\local\VirtualStore folder sub-folders.

you can either disbale this feat[which isn't recomended] or update BE manually[running games under privileged/administrator account/credentials/right wasn't right practice, opposing to their installation].

never saw[on my and friends/well-known players installation]any Arma2-related problems with any kind of MAINSTREAM Anti-Virus software packages/suites, both commercial and free.

you can also add DayZ to exclusions, temprally, untill DayZ team remove point of attraction or file/raise false-positive report to AV developer.

generally, disabling anti-virus wasn't good idea, IMO.

as well as combining more than one of them[not much co-existence/results from such "work" usually. unless someone standardise AV's interop too.].

if you run out of money and did't demand much, try others free products, like AVG[annoying ads], Panda[creepy-built drivers cause kernel-level issues], Avira[limited feats and only one ads per/day].

don't recommend ClamAV/ClamAVWin, cuz spyware/addware amounts exceed counterparts level seriously[and above tolerable level].

Edited by BasileyOne