Sign in to follow this  
colinm9991

Tasks Task "SUCCEED" by Trigger

I'm creating a quick Search & Kill mission but I've never worked with Tasks before, only "Diaries"

How do I make it so that I can add a Trigger with a radius of 200 length and width wise that activates when BLUFOR enters?

What this trigger will do is end Task 1 setting it as completed, and begin task 2 which will tell those troops WHAT to do inside in the area they have just entered.

Right now this is what I have,

tskObj_1 = player createSimpleTask["Primary : Kill a HVT"]; 
tskObj_1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Enter into Hehlentor and assassinate the High Value Target", "Enter into Hehlentor and assassinate the High Value Target", "Kill HVT"];
tskObj_1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getmarkerpos "obj1")

tskObj_2 = player createSimpleTask["Second : Sweep The Houses"]; 
tskObj_2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Sweep each house to find the High Value Target and assassinate", "Sweep each house to find the High Value Target and assassinate", "Sweep Houses"];

And in my trigger I have this

Condition

this;

On Act

hint "Find the High-Value-Target and assassinate."; tskObj1 settaskstate "SUCCEDED"; player setCurrentTask tskObj_2;

Trigger is a "Switch" Activation by "Blufor".

Right now it sets the Hint, but it doesn't set the Task as SUCCEED (Green in tasks list) and Task 2 doesn't appear in the tasks list either.

hint "Find the High-Value-Target and assassinate."; tskObj[color="#FF0000"]_[/color]1 settaskstate "SUCCEDED"; player setCurrentTask tskObj_2;

After realizing that error just after I posted this thread I tried it, didn't work either.

I always thought the goat should die, why waste a good female :)

Cheers folks, I'm up and running now :D

kylania were any sheep harmed in the making of that mission? :p

SUCCEEDED was spelled wrong, that was probably your error right there.

Also, in case you weren't aware of them, look into taskHints instead of regular hints, they are a different kind of thing that work better for updating task status than regular ones.

Edited by h34dup