Sign in to follow this  
superdudey12

Buying Arma X Tommorow! With a few questions!

Hey all as the title says I'm finaly buying Arma X tommorow! I've been waiting for like a month! I'm so excited! Just wondering how difficult it is to install and some of the addons or mods I should get, I am also wondering if you can combine Arma2,OA, BAF, and PMC into one game like with combined ops. I'm so phsyced!

Thanks!

EDIT: Just relised this is in the worng thread, should be in the Q and A thread, could a mod move it plz? thanks.

Here is a huge thread on how to combine ArmA2 and OA.

If you know how to extract archives (.zip / .rar), how to work with folders and how to edit desktop shortcuts, then installing addons and mods is pretty easy. If not, you should learn how to use your computer first maybe. ;)

You also should play the game first without any gameplay modifying Mods like ACE2 etc. so you get some experience with the core game first.

I know how to use a comp... lol. Was just wondering if it was extreamly hard to combine them. Thanks for your info!

Programs like Arma 2 Launcher by Alpinestar and Six Updater make it even more easy :D

You don't have to combine BAF and PMC, they work anyway no matter if you run A2 or OA as standalone games.

Just install them after you have installed A2 and OA and they will be there.

arma x boxed edition? if so then just install arma 2 before you install oa and it will automatically give you co!

Its pretty straight forward, if you want to do it manually, then just make sure you have something like ‘7z’ which is free to download.

But I assume this may be your first arma experience, then Six Updater, will do it all for you, that’s free to download as well, although not every mod is on there, but its a great start. Cause this is all for installing mods not the game, installing that is like any other game, easy..

Enjoy..:D

Edited by ChrisB

ArmA X will install PMC and BAF automatically. If you istall A2 first you will automatically have the full combined oprations + RFT.

Just follow the numbers on the DVDs but spare 1 and 2, you don't need them for ArmA2:CO+RFT