Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

MLB 2K11 Thoughts?

Hello everyone...

does anyone here played MLB 2K11? It's a baseball game, kinda interested recently... Quick check on reviews seems pretty good, (then again so does DR)... user reviews in gamersgate mostly seems to bash about being a console port... The controls I heard was not good with a keyboard & mouse which what I'm planning to play the PC version with... with keyboard & mouse. So that kinda worries me a bit... or maybe there's other baseball game out there?

In the case of sports games like Baseball a controller makes complete sense on a PC.

it's the one of the few examples where a controller is actually superior to keyboard and mouse.

I've only played MLB 2K11 few a few minutes, wasn't bad. but it's definitely designed with a controller in mind.

Okay.... just took the plunge but is there a manual/tutorial somewhere? on using a keyboard? maybe I need to buy 360 controls later, but in the mean time....

Best to just dig around searching "MLB 2K11 keyboard" maybe throw in a "?" at the end. Searches in the form of a question usually turn up someone asking the same thing as you.

The reason people called it a console port was the lack of proper keyboard support, not the graphics quality or dumbed down gameplay.

You don't need to buy a fancy controller, any bargain bin controller will do with sports games. Just make sures it's solid.

I've seen good enough ones for $5-10.

Thanks jblackrupert

Just got myself a cheap controller and can finally play the game properly. Just need some practice and remember the controls